The quarter final draw has been made following the completion of the Group stage at the OFC U-19 Women’s Championship in Fiji.

Group A runners up Samoa will play Tahiti in the first quarter final and HFC Bank Stadium in Suva on Saturday.

The second quarter final on Saturday will feature Group A winners New Caledonia against hosts Fiji who finished runner up in Group B.

Sunday’s first quarter final pits defending champion New Zealand and Group B winners against Group C runner up Solomon Islands with Group C winners Cook Islands to play Vanuatu in the last of the quarter finals on Sunday night.

Fiji edge improved PNG in final Group B match

Kasanita Tabua was the hero for Fiji in their final Group B match against Papua New Guinea.

The 16-year-old broke down the right hand side of the field, cut inside the box and struck a lovely left footed shot into the corner of the net after 40 minutes.

Fiji went on to complete a 2-0 win to advance to the quarter finals.

Both sides had a plethora of chances with Seruwaia Laulaba coming close in the first half on a couple of occasions for Fiji while Nenny Elipas almost scored late in the spell for PNG.

Fiji dominated the early stages but the PNG side came more into the game as the half progressed.

Trailing 1-0 at the break it was Papua New Guinea who came out firing in the second spell. Substitute Keren Kalapai fired against the post and Aileen David blasted over from point blank range when all it required was a simple tap in.

The Papua Guinea side will lament failing to convert any of their numerous opportunities as they bow out of the tournament.

For PNG it was a vastly improved performance following their 11-0 drubbing by defending champions New Zealand in their opening Group match.

Cook Islands top Group C-yet to concede a goal

The Cook Islands have beaten the Solomon Islands 1-0 in the final Group C match to top the Group and approach their quarter final against Vanuatu with confidence.

In a match spanning more than 120 minutes due to a first half power cut at the HFC Bank Stadium, which halted play for 30 minutes, the Cook Islands had on balance the better chances and deserved the win.

15 minutes into the first half the lights went out. When play eventually resumed neither side really settled into any rhythm and both goalkeepers were kept relatively quiet.

Things livened up after the break however when from a 49th minute corner Te Upoko Tuariki rose high and glance a header into the corner of the Solomon Islands net.

Naomi Siriongo made a committed save to deny Tuariki in the 58th minute. The Cook Islands gained the ascendency in the midfield and their defence was able to deny the Solomon Islands players any clear cut chances.