- News Feature : USP Journalism Student Awards recognise excellence in journalism [18/10/2018 - Fiji]
- News Feature : ‘Virginity testing’: a human rights violation, with no scientific basis - UN [18/10/2018 - Brazil]
- Business News : Banana breakthrough for Samoa [18/10/2018 - Samoa]
- News : Voter instruction booklets to be distributed first to the islands, 764,850 ballot papers to be printed [18/10/2018 - Fiji]
- News : Fiji's Great Council of Chiefs restored in 100 days under SODELPA - Rabuka [18/10/2018 - Fiji]
- News : New Caledonia separatists 'confident' as referendum nears [18/10/2018 - New Caledonia]
- News : ADF supports APEC security in Port Moresby [18/10/2018 - Australia]
- News : Temaru set to be cleared in Tahiti election probe [18/10/2018 - French Polynesia]
- Sports News : Australia vs Tonga Test sold out [17/10/2018 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : Pacific met services play key role in informing health, food and water security, tourism, energy and disaster risk reduction [17/10/2018 - Fiji]
- Business News : Tonga supports proposal for Pacific Islands labour mobility secretariat [17/10/2018 - Tonga]
- News : Solomon Islands' forests felled fast to feed China demand: Global Witness [17/10/2018 - Solomon Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Taula Eels flyhalf, Patrick Fa’apale will start at number 10 for the Manu’s second RWC qualifying game against Germany 3am Sunday Samoan time. Fa’apale looks at repeating his last performance and hopes to provide a solid platform for his backline.
Regular No.10, Lemalu Tusi Pisi will now cover the inside centre with Paul Perez covering the outside channel. Captain Tupa’i Chris Vui moves to the blindside flank with Brandon Nansen replacing Josh Tyrell in the locks.
Another promising prospect who will make his debut off the bench is Ionatana Tino, who is a former rugby league player and plays halfback for his Taula Eels Franchise in the Bluesky Super 9 rugby championships.
Tino played for Samoa A last year and is looking forward to the game this weekend.
“I can’t wait to go out there and do my best for my country. This blue jersey means a lot to me and rubbing shoulders with some of the top athletes in this arena is surreal,” Ionatana Tino – Manu Samoa halfback.
Manu Samoa head coach Fuimaono T. Tafua has made 3 changes to his side that beat the Germans in Samoan a week ago.
Piula Fa’asalele has been ruled out due to an injury sustained in the previous match while Josh Tyrell was injured during training last Thursday-5-July at Surrey Guildford Park. Another change is Alapati Leiua who has been relieved from duty due to family commitments.
Manu Samoa team to play Germany
1. Loose Head, LOGOVII MULIPOLA
2. Hooker, MOTU MATUU
3. Tighthead, PAUL ALO-EMILE
4. Lock, JOE TEKORI
5. Lock, BRANDON NANSEN
6. Blindside, TUPA’I CHRIS VUI (C)
7. Openside, JACK LAM
8. No. 8. OFISA TREVIRANUS
9. Scrum Half, MELANI MATAVAO
10. Outside Half, PATRICK FA’APALE
11. Wing, SINOTI SINOTI
12. Centre, LEMALU TUSI PISI
13. Centre, PAUL PEREZ
14. Wing, ED FIDOW
15. Fullback, AH SEE TUALA
16. Front Row, SEILALA LAM
17. Front Row, JORDAN LAY
18. Front Row, VILIAMU AFATIA
19. MAT LUAMANU
20. TJ IOANE
21. IONATANA TINO
22. RODNEY IONA
23. ALOFA ALOFA
1. Rey Lee-Lo
2. Josh Tyrell
3. Piula Fa’asalele
Head Coach – Fuimaono Titimaea Tafua
Ass. Coach/ GM HPU – Zane Hilton
TA – Chris Latham
TA – Todd Dammers
S&C Trainer – John Ashley Jones
Team Doctor – Dr. Dyxon Hansell
Team Physio – Olivia Withers
Video Analyst – Michael Quigley
Team Manager – Vaaelua Aloi Alesana.
SOURCE: TALAMUA ONLINE/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media