- Sports News : Red’s Henry Taefu among eight new caps in Manu Samoa’s June squad [28/05/2017 - Samoa]
- News Feature : The Ocean Conference: An Integrated Vision that must be Delivered [28/05/2017 - United States]
- News Feature : American Samoa tuna cannery closure prompts fisheries gifts to Tokelau [28/05/2017 - New Zealand]
- Business News : ADB, HFC Bank sign first trade finance deal in Fiji [28/05/2017 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Pacific nations ready to mobilise action to reverse marine degradation, UN convenes Oceans conference next week [28/05/2017 - Fiji]
- News : World can 'learn ocean management from Pacific' [28/05/2017 - Fiji]
- News : Election in Samoa to be mandatory in 2021: PM Tuilaepa [28/05/2017 - Samoa]
- News : U.S. Marine transfer plan from Okinawato Guam might be reviewed, commandant says [28/05/2017 - United States]
- Sports News : Pacific Games Council to make last attempt to keep 2019 Games in Tonga [28/05/2017 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Official says Government funds had already been allocated for Tonga 2019 before host's withdrawal [28/05/2017 - Tonga]
- Sports News : Qera to lead Flying Fijians on June Test [28/05/2017 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Fiji stars Nemani Nadolo and Josua Tuisova won’t play against Wallabies [28/05/2017 - Australia]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
A row within New Caledonia's anti-independence camp has deepened, with the French Republicans suspending the membership of a former president Harold Martin.
Martin has confirmed that Paris acted over his decision to stand in next month's French National Assembly elections.
His bid clashes with the re-election campaign of another former president Philippe Gomes who has been endorsed as the Republicans' official candidate although he is the leader of the Caledonia Together Party.
Martin disagrees with Gomes on policy and accuses him of failing to represent the Republicans stance in New Caledonia.
He says he will never support Gomes and maintain his candidacy for a Paris seat.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media