- News : Climate change is 'no laughing matter', Fiji's PM Frank Bainimarama tells Australia during Scott Morrison's Pacific trip [18/01/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Bainimarama commends Australian counterpart for historic visit [18/01/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Stage set for referendum on Bougainville's future [18/01/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Why are we contemplating saddling the Pacific with more debt? [18/01/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Morrison’s Vanuatu trip shows the government’s continued focus on militarising the Pacific [18/01/2019 - Vanuatu]
- Sports News : NRL teams to play trial matches in Pacific nations [18/01/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Affordable, Faster Connectivity for Tuvalu [18/01/2019 - Tuvalu]
- Business News : Samoa Airways signs new Boeing deal [16/01/2019 - Samoa]
- Business News : Dubai Chamber hosts Kiribati President in effort to boost bilateral ties [16/01/2019 - United Arab Emirates]
- Business News : More features on ANZ Pacific App announced [16/01/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Tere-Apisah eyes Fed Cup [16/01/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : Baber believes fans should think twice [16/01/2019 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
A total of 16, 209 Fijian voters are expected to cast their votes today for prepolling around the country.
Supervisor of Elections Mohammed Saneem says 3,741 voters are in the Central Division, 3,397 in the Western Division, 4, 216 in the North and 4,855 in the Eastern Division.
Saneem says there will be 21 pre-polling venues in the central, 16 in the East, 29 in the North and there will be 32 in the West.
A total 69,472 voters have been registered for prepolling compared to 66,389 in the 2014 general election.
The Fijian Elections Office has since Monday covered 260 pre-polling venues.
The Supervisor of Elections said that 69, 472 voters have been registered for pre-polling compared to 66,389 in the 2014 general election.
SOURCE: FBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media