- News Feature : Surviving in the market space [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Sports News : 14 more sports accredited in Fiji [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Protecting the human rights of migrants in the Pacific essential in COVID-19 recovery process, UN agencies say [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : Hopes for a Pacific travel bubble fading [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : From relief to Recovery: PNG's economy in the time of COVID-19 [10/07/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : COVID-19: Fiji records additional five border control cases [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Fiji's ratification of the nuclear treaty calls for new clear ways [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News : "It's going to happen again," says former New Zealand PM Clark tasked with WHO COVID-19 review [10/07/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : Tearful WHO director calls for global unity to fight the virus following U.S. pullout [10/07/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Tahiti may host meeting to elect new PIF head [10/07/2020 - French Polynesia]
- News : Trachoma intervention reaches 8024 Nauruans [10/07/2020 - Nauru]
- News Feature : Pacific Climate Change study gains $4.5million [10/07/2020 - New Zealand]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Samoa's government has launched a mass measles immunisation campaign nationwide.
It said vaccination provided the best and safest protection against measles.
As part of the campaign, all Samoans aged between six months and 19 years, and all women aged between 20 and 35, except if they are pregnant, will be vaccinated for free.
The government said those were the groups most at risk of serious complications from measles, including death.
Seventeen people have reportedly died in Samoa during the outbreak and the government has said all the children who died were unvaccinated.
A list of times and places where measles vaccines are available is on the Ministry of Health's website.
Vaccination teams would also be going out into communities.
SOURCE: RNZ PACIFIC/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media