- News Feature : Surviving in the market space [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Sports News : 14 more sports accredited in Fiji [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Protecting the human rights of migrants in the Pacific essential in COVID-19 recovery process, UN agencies say [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : Hopes for a Pacific travel bubble fading [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : From relief to Recovery: PNG's economy in the time of COVID-19 [10/07/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : COVID-19: Fiji records additional five border control cases [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Fiji's ratification of the nuclear treaty calls for new clear ways [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News : "It's going to happen again," says former New Zealand PM Clark tasked with WHO COVID-19 review [10/07/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : Tearful WHO director calls for global unity to fight the virus following U.S. pullout [10/07/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Tahiti may host meeting to elect new PIF head [10/07/2020 - French Polynesia]
- News : Trachoma intervention reaches 8024 Nauruans [10/07/2020 - Nauru]
- News Feature : Pacific Climate Change study gains $4.5million [10/07/2020 - New Zealand]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Pacific Trade Invest (PTI) Australia is proud to be named ‘Impact Market Builder of the Year’ at the annual Australian Impact Investment Awards for its work building impact investment as a sector and introducing impact investors to the Pacific.
A collaboration between the Impact Investment Summit Asia Pacific and the Impact Investing Hub, the awards recognise the outstanding activity, organisations and individuals in the Australian Impact Investing ecosystem.
The impact of PTI Australia’s partnerships and work building the impact investment eco-system in the Pacific stood out to the panel of judges.
“The judges were very impressed with the work of PTI Australia. Impact investment is not yet a known term in the Pacific. They are actively building a market where there previously wasn’t one, lifting the profile and understanding of the Pacific to Australian impact investors” said Jessica Roth on behalf of the Impact Investing Hub.
This year marks PTI Australia’s 40th Anniversary, Caleb Jarvis, Trade & Investment Commissioner, PTI Australia said receiving the accolade this year made it extra special.
“This year PTI Australia celebrates four decades of driving private sector growth in the Pacific and to also be recognised this year as the Impact Market Builder of the Year is a great honour.
“We are extremely proud to be recognised with this award, and it highlights the hard work and dedication the team and especially Leata Alaimoana-Roberts, who leads our work in this space has put in. A huge congratulations to all the businesses and individuals who were nominated and won awards.”
“Our work and our achievements in the pacific are not achieved in isolation. This award we share with our partners, Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and the Pacific Islands Forum. We have a clear vision to enable decent work and economic growth in the Pacific and to positively impact the livelihoods of those who call the Pacific home. This award strengthens our commitment to empowering the Impact Investment eco-system in the Pacific.”
Founded in 1979, PTI Australia is an agency of the Pacific Island Forum Secretariat and is the Pacific region's lead trade and investment facilitation agency; funded by the Australian Government.
SOURCE: PTI AUSTRALIA/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media