- Business News : Banking on action: How ADB achieved 2020 climate finance milestone one year ahead of time [10/12/2019 - Japan]
- News : ACP countries faces existential threat due to climate change [10/12/2019 - Kenya]
- News : ACP countries to defend unfair trade practice [10/12/2019 - Kenya]
- News : PNG pledged Euros 500,000 for the setting up of ACP Endowment Trust Fund [10/12/2019 - Kenya]
- Sports News : Solomon Islands 2023 Pacific Games – PGC visit to Honiara [09/12/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Whakaari / White Island rescue: Tourists were screaming, others were in shock - witness [09/12/2019 - New Zealand]
- News : Official counting of the Bougainville referendum to begin this afternoon [09/12/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Pacific church leader tells Scott Morrison ‘each lump of coal is a nail in our coffins’ [09/12/2019 - Spain]
- News : Commission adopts safe handling guidelines for seabirds [09/12/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Tackling Inequality in the 21st Century – the Challenges and Potential Solutions [09/12/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Ambassador Georges Rebelo Pinto Chikoti elected new ACP Secretary General [09/12/2019 - Kenya]
- News : ACP – EU relations is ripe for next level of engagement [09/12/2019 - Kenya]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Pacific Trade Invest (PTI) Australia is proud to be named ‘Impact Market Builder of the Year’ at the annual Australian Impact Investment Awards for its work building impact investment as a sector and introducing impact investors to the Pacific.
A collaboration between the Impact Investment Summit Asia Pacific and the Impact Investing Hub, the awards recognise the outstanding activity, organisations and individuals in the Australian Impact Investing ecosystem.
The impact of PTI Australia’s partnerships and work building the impact investment eco-system in the Pacific stood out to the panel of judges.
“The judges were very impressed with the work of PTI Australia. Impact investment is not yet a known term in the Pacific. They are actively building a market where there previously wasn’t one, lifting the profile and understanding of the Pacific to Australian impact investors” said Jessica Roth on behalf of the Impact Investing Hub.
This year marks PTI Australia’s 40th Anniversary, Caleb Jarvis, Trade & Investment Commissioner, PTI Australia said receiving the accolade this year made it extra special.
“This year PTI Australia celebrates four decades of driving private sector growth in the Pacific and to also be recognised this year as the Impact Market Builder of the Year is a great honour.
“We are extremely proud to be recognised with this award, and it highlights the hard work and dedication the team and especially Leata Alaimoana-Roberts, who leads our work in this space has put in. A huge congratulations to all the businesses and individuals who were nominated and won awards.”
“Our work and our achievements in the pacific are not achieved in isolation. This award we share with our partners, Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and the Pacific Islands Forum. We have a clear vision to enable decent work and economic growth in the Pacific and to positively impact the livelihoods of those who call the Pacific home. This award strengthens our commitment to empowering the Impact Investment eco-system in the Pacific.”
Founded in 1979, PTI Australia is an agency of the Pacific Island Forum Secretariat and is the Pacific region's lead trade and investment facilitation agency; funded by the Australian Government.
SOURCE: PTI AUSTRALIA/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media