- Sports News : Lawyers called in as rift grows in Oceania weightlifting [06/05/2021 - Australia]
- News : New candidates barred from second Samoan poll, fresh election tantamount to a coup [06/05/2021 - Samoa]
- News Feature : Asia-Pacific Fishery Commission convenes amid COVID-19’s continued menace to world’s fisheries hub [06/05/2021 - Thailand]
- Business News : Fiji's new Covid outbreak pops ‘bula bubble’ [06/05/2021 - Fiji]
- Business News : ADB launches plan for Pacific to boost urban services and livability [06/05/2021 - Philippines]
- News : PNG 2022 General election dates set [06/05/2021 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : FAST Party challenges Samoa Head of State’s call for fresh elections [06/05/2021 - Samoa]
- News : Samoa Chief Justice confirms election petitions will proceed [06/05/2021 - Samoa]
- News : New Zealand rejects call to review Samoa election [06/05/2021 - Samoa]
- News : Senior lawyer accuses Samoa Head of State of hijacking People’s Constitutional rights [06/05/2021 - Samoa]
- News : Fiji records third death of coronavirus [06/05/2021 - Fiji]
- News : Four new COVID-19 cases in Fiji; Lautoka hospital on complete lockdown [06/05/2021 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji authorities reminded about press freedom’s importance in tackling COVID-19
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) criticized the op-ed by the Fiji Military Forces chief of staff who argued that freedom of speech and freedom of the press can be stifled in times of national emergencies.
This statement was originally published on rsf.org
Read article More related articles
RSF 2020 World Press Freedom Index: Coming decade will be decisive for the future of journalism
“The coronavirus pandemic illustrates the negative factors threatening the right to reliable information, ...Netizen pushback in China: Sharing information and circumventing COVID-19 censorship
Despite China's notorious censorship regime, netizens have found ingenious ways to share COVID-19 informatio...
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...
28 September 2014
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...On Right to Know Day, UN urged to emphasise free expression in the Post-2015 Agenda
28 September 2014
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media