- Sports News : Lawyers called in as rift grows in Oceania weightlifting [06/05/2021 - Australia]
- News : New candidates barred from second Samoan poll, fresh election tantamount to a coup [06/05/2021 - Samoa]
- News Feature : Asia-Pacific Fishery Commission convenes amid COVID-19’s continued menace to world’s fisheries hub [06/05/2021 - Thailand]
- Business News : Fiji's new Covid outbreak pops ‘bula bubble’ [06/05/2021 - Fiji]
- Business News : ADB launches plan for Pacific to boost urban services and livability [06/05/2021 - Philippines]
- News : PNG 2022 General election dates set [06/05/2021 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : FAST Party challenges Samoa Head of State’s call for fresh elections [06/05/2021 - Samoa]
- News : Samoa Chief Justice confirms election petitions will proceed [06/05/2021 - Samoa]
- News : New Zealand rejects call to review Samoa election [06/05/2021 - Samoa]
- News : Senior lawyer accuses Samoa Head of State of hijacking People’s Constitutional rights [06/05/2021 - Samoa]
- News : Fiji records third death of coronavirus [06/05/2021 - Fiji]
- News : Four new COVID-19 cases in Fiji; Lautoka hospital on complete lockdown [06/05/2021 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Almost half the population of Wallis and Futuna has been vaccinated against Covid-19 as the French territory is about to come out of a four-week lockdown.
The inoculation drive launched less than two weeks ago with additional staff flown in from France has seen just over 46 percent of the population getting the first Moderna jab.
The infection rate has slowed, with six new cases detected over the Easter weekend.
A total of 416 infections have been recorded in the four weeks since the first community case was identified.
Six people with Covid-19 are still in hospital, including one in intensive care.
Eight patients have been flown for treatment to New Caledonia.
Four people died.
SOURCE: RNZ PACIFIC/ PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media