- Sports News : Lawyers called in as rift grows in Oceania weightlifting [06/05/2021 - Australia]
- News : New candidates barred from second Samoan poll, fresh election tantamount to a coup [06/05/2021 - Samoa]
- News Feature : Asia-Pacific Fishery Commission convenes amid COVID-19’s continued menace to world’s fisheries hub [06/05/2021 - Thailand]
- Business News : Fiji's new Covid outbreak pops ‘bula bubble’ [06/05/2021 - Fiji]
- Business News : ADB launches plan for Pacific to boost urban services and livability [06/05/2021 - Philippines]
- News : PNG 2022 General election dates set [06/05/2021 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : FAST Party challenges Samoa Head of State’s call for fresh elections [06/05/2021 - Samoa]
- News : Samoa Chief Justice confirms election petitions will proceed [06/05/2021 - Samoa]
- News : New Zealand rejects call to review Samoa election [06/05/2021 - Samoa]
- News : Senior lawyer accuses Samoa Head of State of hijacking People’s Constitutional rights [06/05/2021 - Samoa]
- News : Fiji records third death of coronavirus [06/05/2021 - Fiji]
- News : Four new COVID-19 cases in Fiji; Lautoka hospital on complete lockdown [06/05/2021 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Papua New Guinea recorded two new COVID-19 deaths on Tuesday, increasing the total number of COVID-19 related deaths for the country to 71.
Both deaths are males, ages 50 and 70, from the Jiwaka province, increasing the number of deaths in Jiwaka province to four.
Also a total of 170 new cases were reported from 13 provinces, bringing the national total to 8,984. All 22 PNG provinces have reported cases of COVID-19.
The country’s surveillance team continues to conduct data cleaning on provincial tally so some provincial totals may not add up directly from yesterday’s numbers.
SOURCE: PNG GOVT/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media