- Business News : Fiji Government stands to lose $1.5b tax revenue [29/05/2020 - Fiji]
- Sports News : World Rugby creates access to optional domestic law trials to further reduce COVID-19 risk [29/05/2020 - Ireland]
- Sports News : PNGRFL granted conditional approval [29/05/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Bankruptcy looms for 512 businesses in Fiji: Survey [29/05/2020 - Fiji]
- News : PNG Opposition leader Namah suspended: Supreme Court [29/05/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Fiji PM joins global leadership call to secure finance for development in the era of COVID-19 and beyond [29/05/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Australia could include Pacific labourers in 'travel bubble' as $280m aid shake-up revealed [29/05/2020 - Australia]
- News : Winston Peters says a transtasman bubble can safely be done now [29/05/2020 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : Australia’s problem with Pacific aid [29/05/2020 - Australia]
- News Feature : FFA calls for action to address human elements of IUU Fishing [29/05/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- Business News : Pandemic is man-made, says FTUC [29/05/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : Termination notice for Vanuatu's Trade Commissioner to Hongkong [29/05/2020 - Vanuatu]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji authorities reminded about press freedom’s importance in tackling COVID-19
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) criticized the op-ed by the Fiji Military Forces chief of staff who argued that freedom of speech and freedom of the press can be stifled in times of national emergencies.
This statement was originally published on rsf.org
Read article More related articles
RSF 2020 World Press Freedom Index: Coming decade will be decisive for the future of journalism
“The coronavirus pandemic illustrates the negative factors threatening the right to reliable information, ...Netizen pushback in China: Sharing information and circumventing COVID-19 censorship
Despite China's notorious censorship regime, netizens have found ingenious ways to share COVID-19 informatio...
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...
28 September 2014
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...On Right to Know Day, UN urged to emphasise free expression in the Post-2015 Agenda
28 September 2014
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media