- Sports News : Kaiviti Silktails prove too good for the Magpies [19/04/2021 - Australia]
- News : Protocol breach blamed for second COVID case: Fiji PM [19/04/2021 - Fiji]
- News : Schools in Fiji to be closed for three weeks from tomorrow [19/04/2021 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Fiji may be forced to base Super Rugby team in New Zealand [19/04/2021 - Fiji]
- Sports News : PNG Hunter defeat Sunshine Coast Falcons 32 - 12 for third consecutive win [19/04/2021 - Australia]
- News Feature : Australia’s evolving guarantee to the South Pacific [19/04/2021 - Australia]
- Business News : Trans-Tasman travel bubble: Australian and NZ PMs hail 'world-leading' deal [19/04/2021 - New Zealand]
- News : Towards a new post-Cotonou partnership [19/04/2021 - Belgium]
- News : COVID-19: Lockdown for Nadi and Lautoka effective immediately [18/04/2021 - Fiji]
- News : COVID-19: High-risk case detected on a member of Fiji security forces [18/04/2021 - Fiji]
- News : COVID-19 infections approaching highest rates ever, WHO warns [18/04/2021 - Switzerland]
- News : Marshalls monitors group given Johnson & Johnson vaccine [18/04/2021 - Marshall Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji authorities reminded about press freedom’s importance in tackling COVID-19
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) criticized the op-ed by the Fiji Military Forces chief of staff who argued that freedom of speech and freedom of the press can be stifled in times of national emergencies.
This statement was originally published on rsf.org
Read article More related articles
RSF 2020 World Press Freedom Index: Coming decade will be decisive for the future of journalism
“The coronavirus pandemic illustrates the negative factors threatening the right to reliable information, ...Netizen pushback in China: Sharing information and circumventing COVID-19 censorship
Despite China's notorious censorship regime, netizens have found ingenious ways to share COVID-19 informatio...
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...
28 September 2014
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...On Right to Know Day, UN urged to emphasise free expression in the Post-2015 Agenda
28 September 2014
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media