- Sports News : ONOC 40th General Assembly begins with preliminary workshops [02/12/2020 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Samoan rugby growing but still needs help from New Zealand and Australia [02/12/2020 - Samoa]
- Business News : Fiji economic contraction revised [02/12/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : Air Vanuatu names Tongan-born ‘Atu Fīnau as new CEO [02/12/2020 - Vanuatu]
- News : Fijian British army veterans lose court battle to remain in UK [02/12/2020 - United Kingdom]
- News : Fiji, first in the world to validate Target E data on Sendai framework [02/12/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : WINNER: CONSTRUCTIVE JOURNALISM PROJECT -Cultivating sustainable food practices in the Pacific [02/12/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : ADB grant of US$12.8 million to improve water supply and sanitation in FSM [02/12/2020 - Micronesia, Federated States of]
- Business News : NGO recommends WCPFC consider fishery observer safety measures [02/12/2020 - Palau]
- News : Ex-Arizona politician gets six years in adoption scheme involving women from the Marshall Islands [02/12/2020 - United States]
- News : PM: Vanuatu COVID-free again [02/12/2020 - Vanuatu]
- News Feature : Fiji and Australia to negotiate new military pact [01/12/2020 - Australia]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji authorities reminded about press freedom’s importance in tackling COVID-19
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) criticized the op-ed by the Fiji Military Forces chief of staff who argued that freedom of speech and freedom of the press can be stifled in times of national emergencies.
This statement was originally published on rsf.org
Read article More related articles
RSF 2020 World Press Freedom Index: Coming decade will be decisive for the future of journalism
“The coronavirus pandemic illustrates the negative factors threatening the right to reliable information, ...Netizen pushback in China: Sharing information and circumventing COVID-19 censorship
Despite China's notorious censorship regime, netizens have found ingenious ways to share COVID-19 informatio...
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...
28 September 2014
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...On Right to Know Day, UN urged to emphasise free expression in the Post-2015 Agenda
28 September 2014
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media