- News Feature : Joint statement from the USP Academic and USP Staff Union on the cessation of Fiji's funding towards USP [25/09/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Why are there unexploded bombs in the Pacific islands? [25/09/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- Sports News : Tonga Rugby Union in danger of being relegated to World Rugby tier three [25/09/2020 - Tonga]
- News : Bougainville President elect Toroama sworn in [25/09/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Vanuatu Pacer Plus ratification imminent [25/09/2020 - Vanuatu]
- News : We mus feel the international solidarity against climate change- PM Bainimarama [25/09/2020 - Fiji]
- News : At UN, island nation of Palau speaks to interconnected world [25/09/2020 - Palau]
- News : UN chief and UK premier announce December climate summit [25/09/2020 - United States]
- News : If world handles climate like COVID-19, UN chief says: 'I fear the worst' [25/09/2020 - United States]
- News : Fiji Government says USP issue is not to be resolved via the media [25/09/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Land and Titles Court opponents “not Samoan”: PM Tuilaepa [25/09/2020 - Samoa]
- Business News : Westpac bank to pay record Australian fine over laundering breaches [24/09/2020 - Australia]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji authorities reminded about press freedom’s importance in tackling COVID-19
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) criticized the op-ed by the Fiji Military Forces chief of staff who argued that freedom of speech and freedom of the press can be stifled in times of national emergencies.
This statement was originally published on rsf.org
Read article More related articles
RSF 2020 World Press Freedom Index: Coming decade will be decisive for the future of journalism
“The coronavirus pandemic illustrates the negative factors threatening the right to reliable information, ...Netizen pushback in China: Sharing information and circumventing COVID-19 censorship
Despite China's notorious censorship regime, netizens have found ingenious ways to share COVID-19 informatio...
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...
28 September 2014
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...On Right to Know Day, UN urged to emphasise free expression in the Post-2015 Agenda
28 September 2014
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media