- Sports News : 14 more sports accredited in Fiji [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Surviving in the market space [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Protecting the human rights of migrants in the Pacific essential in COVID-19 recovery process, UN agencies say [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : Hopes for a Pacific travel bubble fading [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : From relief to Recovery: PNG's economy in the time of COVID-19 [10/07/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : COVID-19: Fiji records additional five border control cases [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Fiji's ratification of the nuclear treaty calls for new clear ways [10/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News : "It's going to happen again," says former New Zealand PM Clark tasked with WHO COVID-19 review [10/07/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : Tearful WHO director calls for global unity to fight the virus following U.S. pullout [10/07/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Tahiti may host meeting to elect new PIF head [10/07/2020 - French Polynesia]
- News : Trachoma intervention reaches 8024 Nauruans [10/07/2020 - Nauru]
- News Feature : Pacific Climate Change study gains $4.5million [10/07/2020 - New Zealand]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji authorities reminded about press freedom’s importance in tackling COVID-19
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) criticized the op-ed by the Fiji Military Forces chief of staff who argued that freedom of speech and freedom of the press can be stifled in times of national emergencies.
This statement was originally published on rsf.org
Read article More related articles
RSF 2020 World Press Freedom Index: Coming decade will be decisive for the future of journalism
“The coronavirus pandemic illustrates the negative factors threatening the right to reliable information, ...Netizen pushback in China: Sharing information and circumventing COVID-19 censorship
Despite China's notorious censorship regime, netizens have found ingenious ways to share COVID-19 informatio...
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...
28 September 2014
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...On Right to Know Day, UN urged to emphasise free expression in the Post-2015 Agenda
28 September 2014
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media