- News : Fiji election candidate numbers drawn [17/10/2018 - Fiji]
- News : PNG to deploy fighter jets and foreign military as it plans major security operation for APEC [17/10/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : World population set to grow another 2.2 billion by 2050: UN survey [17/10/2018 - United States]
- News Feature : Deepening East Asia and Pacific Success in the Midst of Uncertainty [17/10/2018 - Indonesia]
- Business News : Air Niugini to operate first flight to China [17/10/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Over 50 Fijians graduate from APTC [17/10/2018 - Fiji]
- News : 'For the Pacific it's always about cash': Environment Minister in diplomatic incident over climate change [17/10/2018 - Australia]
- News : Fiji election candidates ball draw today [17/10/2018 - Fiji]
- News : Multinational Observer Group pays courtesy call to Fiji PM [17/10/2018 - Fiji]
- News : Tanangada sworn in as new Minister for Women, Youth, Children Affairs [17/10/2018 - Solomon Islands]
- News : MSG raises concerns about New Caledonia voter registration [17/10/2018 - New Caledonia]
- News : NZ addresses UN on Tokelau self-governance [17/10/2018 - New Zealand]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
5th Pacific Media Summit 2018
Greetings from the PINA Secretariat in Suva, Fiji Islands!
We have been receiving lots of inquiries about our 5th Pacific Media Summit in Nuku’alofa, Tonga from 7-11 May this year.
Below are some quick updates on preparations for the Media Summit;
Our theme for the summit is “Empowering the Media for Digital Challenges.”
“Many of governments in the Pacific have embarked on ambitious ICT policies in the hope that it will facilitate growth and transform their people into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. Most of these policies are centred on making available digital infrastructure, providing governance and services on demand and digital empowerment of citizens. The summit will explore opportunities and challenges for the media in a digitally empowered society.”
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media