- News : Marshall Islands is elected to UN Human Rights Council, scored a major diplomatic victory [17/10/2019 - United States]
- News : Samoa prepares to host Chinese Vice Premier Hu Chunhua [17/10/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Norton Rose files key to PNG royal commission into UBS loan [17/10/2019 - Australia]
- Sports News : Fiji’s Lorraine Mar awarded ANOC Meritorious Award for her contribution to sports in Fiji and the Oceania region [17/10/2019 - Qatar]
- Sports News : Toea Wisil and Brandon Schuster awarded Oceania’s best female and best male athletes at the ANOC 2019 Awards in Doha [17/10/2019 - Qatar]
- News Feature : Tuberculosis infections declining, but not fast enough among poor, marginalised: UN health agency [17/10/2019 - Switzerland]
- Business News : US$34 million project to boost RMI’s green energy and power supply [17/10/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : NZ ‘could have protected’ Samoa from measles [17/10/2019 - New Zealand]
- News : Independence for Bougainville to cost K300m a year: Sir Puka [17/10/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : ONOC President Dr Mitchell to serve as Acting ANOC President until Sheikh Ahmad case resolved [17/10/2019 - Qatar]
- Sports News : Fiji TV secures broadcast rights to HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series from 2020-2023 [17/10/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : How Cook Islands plan to become the 'new Tonga' [17/10/2019 - Australia]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
5th Pacific Media Summit 2018
Greetings from the PINA Secretariat in Suva, Fiji Islands!
We have been receiving lots of inquiries about our 5th Pacific Media Summit in Nuku’alofa, Tonga from 7-11 May this year.
Below are some quick updates on preparations for the Media Summit;
Our theme for the summit is “Empowering the Media for Digital Challenges.”
“Many of governments in the Pacific have embarked on ambitious ICT policies in the hope that it will facilitate growth and transform their people into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. Most of these policies are centred on making available digital infrastructure, providing governance and services on demand and digital empowerment of citizens. The summit will explore opportunities and challenges for the media in a digitally empowered society.”
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media