- Business News : Fiji accedes to the agreement on port state measures [14/02/2019 - Italy]
- Sports News : Tahiti concerned about Pacific Games accommodation [14/02/2019 - Samoa]
- News Feature : A rising China and the future of the “Blue Pacific” [14/02/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : $503.73 million in remittances top Samoa foreign exchange earner [14/02/2019 - Samoa]
- Business News : Vanuatu export breakthrough to New Caledonia [14/02/2019 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : PINA head cites importance of content sharing [14/02/2019 - New Zealand]
- Business News : Pacific Islands government should consider seabed mining impacts [14/02/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Beijing intensifies lobbying of Pacific nations to recognise Taiwan as part of One China [14/02/2019 - Fiji]
- News : American Samoa, Guam, Samoa added to EU blacklist, Vanuatu removed [14/02/2019 - Luxembourg]
- News : TSI: money the focus of elections, Police arrest a man in Honiara for alleged electoral offence [14/02/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Fiji Immigration will extend or renew expiring passports to another 10 years [14/02/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Solomon Islands election chief appeals to citizen not to break the law [14/02/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
5th Pacific Media Summit 2018
Greetings from the PINA Secretariat in Suva, Fiji Islands!
We have been receiving lots of inquiries about our 5th Pacific Media Summit in Nuku’alofa, Tonga from 7-11 May this year.
Below are some quick updates on preparations for the Media Summit;
Our theme for the summit is “Empowering the Media for Digital Challenges.”
“Many of governments in the Pacific have embarked on ambitious ICT policies in the hope that it will facilitate growth and transform their people into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. Most of these policies are centred on making available digital infrastructure, providing governance and services on demand and digital empowerment of citizens. The summit will explore opportunities and challenges for the media in a digitally empowered society.”
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media