- Business News : Advancing fisheries surveillance and enforcement cooperation [21/09/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Minister Masiu confirms citing of 150 PNG nationals in leaked international data base [21/09/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Mother and son elected in South South Bougainville [21/09/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : James Tanis humbly bows out from Bougainville presidential election [21/09/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : ANZ waives online international money transfer fees to Pacific [21/09/2020 - Fiji]
- News : USP saga drags on [21/09/2020 - Fiji]
- News : PNG records nine new COVID-19 cases on Sunday,records another COVID-19 death [21/09/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Two die in in Solomon Islands bomb blast [21/09/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- News : COVID-19 illustrates ‘woefully under prepared’ world – UN health chief [21/09/2020 - United States]
- News : Toroama consolidating lead in Bougainville presidential race [21/09/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Australian supplies Guardian-class patrol boat to Palau [21/09/2020 - Australia]
- Sports News : Flying Fijians Coach Cotter will name Autumn Nations Cup squad soon [18/09/2020 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The President of Kiribati says he will begin selecting his cabinet ministers this week.
Taneti Maamau registered a convincing win in last week's presidential election beating his rival Banuera Berina by 8000 votes.
At his inauguration he called for calm after a heated campaign and promised transparency.
Maamau said he held off on selecting a cabinet last week to allow MPs to return to Tarawa from their respective constituencies.
He said one of the first orders of business would be addressing the country's ongoing Covid-19 pandemic response.
“Right now, I think the cabinet decision was earlier released that we will review the sort of closing of borders by the end of June, this month.
“Hopefully our new cabinet will make our decision by then,” he said.
SOURCE: RNZ PACIFIC/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media