- Sports News : Flying Fijians Coach keeps a close tab on local players [07/08/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : COVID-19 economic impact devastating for the Pacific region [07/08/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- News : PM Bainimarama announces Fiji's nominations for Forum Secretary General [07/08/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Pacific at centre of first NZ election debate [07/08/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : COVID economic crisis, Debt and a path out for Palau and the Pacific [07/08/2020 - Palau]
- News : Additional 2,770 COVID-19 test cartridges arrive in Fiji [07/08/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Video emerges of NZ yacht involved in tense dispute with Tonga's navy at reef used as safe haven [07/08/2020 - Tonga]
- News Feature : 35th Anniversary of the South Pacific Nuclear Free Zone Treaty [07/08/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Cook Islands Air-bridge to NZ to be ‘world-first’ [07/08/2020 - Cook Islands]
- News : Global cooperation is our only choice against COVID-19, says WHO chief [07/08/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Salaries & Allowances of Niue MPs revealed [07/08/2020 - Niue]
- News Feature : COVID-19: Over 6,650 detainees in the Pacific region receive assistance [07/08/2020 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The United State has donated 40 ventilators to the Government to fight against the spread of pandemic Covid-19. These facilities would help doctors and nurses to serve those people with positive Covid-19 cases.
The presentation was made by the US Ambassador Erin McKee to the Prime Minister James Marape at Morauta Haus in Port Moresby.McKee said, “I am happy to join PNG to fight against the spread of Covid-19 pandemic.
“The U.S through the generosity of the American people and innovations of American private and the state providing us the essential medical supplies to the partners and allies around the world to help them to fight against the global pandemic.”
“Through the American people’s generosity and US government action have donated more than US$12 billion in emergency help, humanitarian to help government in the national organisation, non-governmental organisation, friends and allies around the world to fight this pandemic,” she said.
McKee said all the ventilators have been manufactured in USA and sent directly by the U.S Government in response to the outbreak of the pandemic. “These are highly specialised medical equipment and be used to serve the lives of people in the country.
“Recently I joined our partner in the National Capital District provincial health authority at the Six-Mile clinic to hand over needed equipment to fight against the Covid-19. Now the US Government is providing the 40 ventilators to the government of PNG to help improve the country’s capacity in response to the negative impacts of this pandemic,” McKee said.
Prime Minister James Marape said this was the continuous support of U.S government following the US$3.5 million which was given earlier to fight against Covid-19. “These ventilators will help us to fight against to contain the spread of Covid-19. We possibly lost one to Covid-19 early this week,” Marape said. They would be distributed on a need basis nationwide.”.
SOURCE: POST COURIER/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media