- Lifestyle : IFAD and partners invest US$ 30 million in Samoa to make small-scale farming and fishing more profitable and climate-proof [22/10/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Victory [21/10/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- Business News : Economy in good hands: Fiji PM [21/10/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Call for Australia and NZ to help fund Pacific rugby [21/10/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Through targeted cooperation, China caters to needs of Pacific island countries [21/10/2019 - Samoa]
- Business News : Fiji PM Bainimarama open World-class tissue laboratory [21/10/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Niue trialling drones to catch illegal fishing boats, help with search and rescue [21/10/2019 - Niue]
- News : U.S Coast Guard looks to bolster Pacific allegiances as Chinese clout grows [21/10/2019 - United States]
- News : Historic ties and China concerns driving Washington's Pacific pledge [21/10/2019 - Australia]
- News : Marshall Islands opposition wants off-shore voting returned [21/10/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : Australian Defence Force could open doors to Pacific military allies [21/10/2019 - Australia]
- Sports News : Equality for all: $3.5m set aside so every 2021 Rugby league World Cup player gets paid [21/10/2019 - Australia]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Solomon Islands newly elected Governor General, Reverend David Vunagi was officially sworn in Monday.
Reverend Vunagi took his oath Chief Justice Sir Albert Rocky Pama during country’s 41st independence Anniversary celebration at Lawson Tama. He will serve in office for five years.
Prior to this, the Attorney General Gilbert John Osmond Muria Junior prescribed the official appointment and the Royal Commission of our new Governor General effective on 07 July 2019.
Reverend Vunagi becomes the country’s seventh head of state, and the first from Isabel Province.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media