- Business News : Samoan Finance Minister says Polynesian Airlines must have strong business case [25/05/2017 - Samoa]
- Business News : PNG Government rejects 5pc tax [25/05/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Plans to improve PNG fisheries sector underway [25/05/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : UN Sasakawa Award honours efforts to curb disaster deaths [25/05/2017 - Mexico]
- News : Businesses in Fiji work on disaster resilience [25/05/2017 - Mexico]
- News : Strategies key to Sendai progress [25/05/2017 - Mexico]
- News : Fiji rapist, killer jailed for 30 years [25/05/2017 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Kangaroos to face Fiji and PNG in Suva [25/05/2017 - Australia]
- News Feature : G7 leaders walk fine line between Trump and Paris deal [25/05/2017 - Italy]
- News Feature : 'I donít take orders from the chief justice': How Nauru ousted its judicial leaders [25/05/2017 - Nauru]
- Business News : $15m tax evasion in Fiji [25/05/2017 - Fiji]
- Business News : $202m for Fiji Sugar Corporation [25/05/2017 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
As of today, all sitting members of Papua New Guinea Parliament are stripped off their powers as they contest the June elections.
A caretaker cabinet will be announced by the Governor-General today to take the government into election.
The caretaker government normally consists of departmental heads.
Meanwhile, Governor-General Bob Dadae will pre-sign the 111 Writs at Government House, Konedobu.
The GG will pre-sign 88 open seats' instruments/writs and continue with the 22 provincial seats' instruments.
When the Writs are issued, the nomination period of seven days will start for intending candidates.
The nomination period will close at 4pm on April 27.
Eight weeks of campaign will run from April 20 – June 23.
Polling will be held from June 24 – July 8, followed by the counting period.
Return of Writs of the election must be before July 24.
SOURCE: LOOP PNG/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media