- News Feature : PACER Plus – A Landmark Trade and Development Agreement for the Pacific Region [20/04/2017 - Australia]
- News Feature : ‘We have to act now’ — Marshall Islanders blast Runit n-pollution [20/04/2017 - Fiji]
- Business News : Kiribati Parliament passes first reading of $8 million appropriation bill [20/04/2017 - Kiribati]
- News : 4000 intend to contest PNG election, Four million voters expected [20/04/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Conclusion of trade talks lacking Pacific development at its heart [20/04/2017 - Fiji]
- Sports News : New coin, note commemorates Fiji 7s Olympics victory [20/04/2017 - Fiji]
- News Feature : PACER Plus about development as much as trade [20/04/2017 - Australia]
- News Feature : Pacific Regional Energy and Transport Ministers Meeting to be held next week in Tonga [20/04/2017 - Tonga]
- Business News : Vanuatu's Grand Hotel & Casino on sale [20/04/2017 - Vanuatu]
- News : PACER Plus Pacific trade deal has fishhooks [20/04/2017 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : UN global assessment on higher education reveals disturbing disparities [20/04/2017 - United States]
- News Feature : Using real-time satellite data to track water productivity in agriculture [20/04/2017 - Italy]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Papua New Guinea caretaker Prime Minister Peter O’Neill has announced candidates to run under his People’s National Congress Party in Nipa Southern Highlands.
O’Neill said his candidates for the five seats in Southern Highlands, Hela and Enga provinces would lay the foundation for the new Government in August.
He said the candidates are William Powi for Southern Highlands Regional, Francis Awesa for Imbonggu, James Lagea for Kagua-Erave, Jeffery Komal for Nipa-Kutubu and himself for Ialibu-Pangia.
In Hela Province the PNC will endorse Philip Undialu for the Regional seat, Isaac Matiabe for Koroba-Kopiago, James Marape for Tari-Pori, and Edward Alina for Komo-Margarima while Francis Potape will run as a pro-PNG independent.
The Prime Minister said Governor Sir Peter Ipatas will re-contest the Enga Regional seat, John Pundari for Kompiam-Ambum, Miki Kaiko for Wapenamanda, Alfred Manase for Kandep and Nelson Piari for Lagaip-Porgera.
Moresby Northwest MP Michael Malabag.
O’Neill said the team was the base and foundation for him to form the Government for another five-year term….
SOURCE: POST COURIER/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media