- Sports News : Fiji to host Oceania 7's Championship [19/09/2017 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Conserving Turtles and Promoting Community Benefits [19/09/2017 - Samoa]
- News Feature : Pacific Island Climate Officers Enhances Skills on the Use of the Seasonal Climate Outlook for the Pacific Islands (SCOPIC) Tool [19/09/2017 - Samoa]
- News Feature : The right information at the right time, says Pacific Environment Forum [19/09/2017 - Samoa]
- Business News : PNG Government removes critical powers from proposed corruption watchdog [19/09/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : 82,316 visitors flocked to Fiji in August [19/09/2017 - Fiji]
- News : Vanuatu Government MPs defect to Opposition [19/09/2017 - Vanuatu]
- News : Natural disasters cost Pacific $502m [19/09/2017 - Fiji]
- News : American Samoa AG responds 'OK to board’ to enter the U.S [19/09/2017 - American Samoa]
- News : Aust PM Turnbull says North Korea will be 'wiped out' if regime attacks US [19/09/2017 - Australia]
- News Feature : Repair 'world in pieces' and create 'world at peace,' UN chief Guterres urges global leaders [19/09/2017 - United States]
- News Feature : South Pacific Exercise Focuses on Interoperability in Disaster Response [19/09/2017 - New Caledonia]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Papua New Guinea caretaker Prime Minister Peter O’Neill has announced candidates to run under his People’s National Congress Party in Nipa Southern Highlands.
O’Neill said his candidates for the five seats in Southern Highlands, Hela and Enga provinces would lay the foundation for the new Government in August.
He said the candidates are William Powi for Southern Highlands Regional, Francis Awesa for Imbonggu, James Lagea for Kagua-Erave, Jeffery Komal for Nipa-Kutubu and himself for Ialibu-Pangia.
In Hela Province the PNC will endorse Philip Undialu for the Regional seat, Isaac Matiabe for Koroba-Kopiago, James Marape for Tari-Pori, and Edward Alina for Komo-Margarima while Francis Potape will run as a pro-PNG independent.
The Prime Minister said Governor Sir Peter Ipatas will re-contest the Enga Regional seat, John Pundari for Kompiam-Ambum, Miki Kaiko for Wapenamanda, Alfred Manase for Kandep and Nelson Piari for Lagaip-Porgera.
Moresby Northwest MP Michael Malabag.
O’Neill said the team was the base and foundation for him to form the Government for another five-year term….
SOURCE: POST COURIER/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media