- News Feature : Frequently asked questions on climate change and disaster displacement [01/01/2020 - Morocco]
- Business News : China-Pacific Islands trade worth US$7.5billion in 2016 [20/07/2017 - Fiji]
- Business News : Vanuatu Government Ministries learn about the digitisation of payments [20/07/2017 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : ILO warns Vanuatu tax reforms could hurt vulnerable [20/07/2017 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : Pacific flavours to tickle palates at Auckland Food Show [20/07/2017 - New Zealand]
- Business News : BSP VISA DEBIT card fees reduced [20/07/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Two Independents align with PNC, adamant to form government in PNG [20/07/2017 - Fiji]
- News : More joint Fiji Navy operations welcome [20/07/2017 - Fiji]
- News : Media Association of Solomon Islands new executives elected [20/07/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- Sports News : Pacific Islands take first steps towards Super Rugby team with Fiji confirmed as starter for NRC [20/07/2017 - Australia]
- Sports News : Cook Islands Tangata names XVs squad for Tahito test match [20/07/2017 - Cook Islands]
- Sports News : Vakasama shines [20/07/2017 - Bahamas]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Papua New Guinea caretaker Prime Minister Peter O’Neill has announced candidates to run under his People’s National Congress Party in Nipa Southern Highlands.
O’Neill said his candidates for the five seats in Southern Highlands, Hela and Enga provinces would lay the foundation for the new Government in August.
He said the candidates are William Powi for Southern Highlands Regional, Francis Awesa for Imbonggu, James Lagea for Kagua-Erave, Jeffery Komal for Nipa-Kutubu and himself for Ialibu-Pangia.
In Hela Province the PNC will endorse Philip Undialu for the Regional seat, Isaac Matiabe for Koroba-Kopiago, James Marape for Tari-Pori, and Edward Alina for Komo-Margarima while Francis Potape will run as a pro-PNG independent.
The Prime Minister said Governor Sir Peter Ipatas will re-contest the Enga Regional seat, John Pundari for Kompiam-Ambum, Miki Kaiko for Wapenamanda, Alfred Manase for Kandep and Nelson Piari for Lagaip-Porgera.
Moresby Northwest MP Michael Malabag.
O’Neill said the team was the base and foundation for him to form the Government for another five-year term….
SOURCE: POST COURIER/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media