- Sports News : Flying Fijians Coach Cotter will name Autumn Nations Cup squad soon [18/09/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Concerns over limited resources to participate in fisheries talks [18/09/2020 - Switzerland]
- News Feature : Pacific Islands forge ahead on National Environmental action, monitoring, and reporting for informed decision making [18/09/2020 - Samoa]
- Business News : Pandemic threatens human capital gains of the past decade, new World Bank report says [18/09/2020 - United States]
- Business News : Impact Investing in the Pacific Blue Economy [18/09/2020 - Australia]
- News : Army Commander reveals his contract comes to an end in March 2021 [18/09/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Papua New Guinea police accused of gun running and drug smuggling by own minister [18/09/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Independence would offer New Caledonia more choice - Goa [18/09/2020 - New Caledonia]
- News Feature : Commonwealth countries back actions to combat climate change through land use at breakthrough meeting [18/09/2020 - United Kingdom]
- Business News : Developers holding PNG to ransom ‘unfair’: PM Marape [18/09/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Chinese database collects information on more than 130 Papua New Guineans [18/09/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : WHO chief makes last push for countries to join multilateral COVID-19 vaccine effort [18/09/2020 - Switzerland]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
A talented blend of youth and experience has been named in the 33 man Fijian Latui squad to contest the inaugural Global Rapid Rugby competition commencing on 14 March in Suva.
Following two months of pre-season training Head Coach Senirusi Seruvakula said the quality of talent to select from provided strong competition for positions in the final squad.
“Following the DTE block and a couple of trial scrimmages, we have and a couple of trial scrimmages, we have managed to chop the squad to a formidable number”.
“The decision to select the best was tough which shows the competition we have within the group” he said.
With of plenty of international experience within the ranks including Fiji Airways Flying Fijians Joeli Veitayaki, Eremasi Radrodro, Serupepeli Vularika and up and comers Tevita Ikanivere and Jiuta Wainiqolo, the Latui is set to thrill fans the world over once they run onto field.
“The elite players have played at a highly competitive level and will guide the younger players during our campaign” Seruvakula said.
Two further names are yet to be announced, with the final spots expected to be filled in the coming days.
In addition to the main squad of 33, 16 players will be retained as training partners for the campaign, to further develop the depth of talent and compensate during the World Rugby Pacific Challenge, when a number of players will take the field for the Swire Shipping Fijian Warriors.
The Fijian Latui moves into camp on Wednesday in preparation of their season opener against China Lions on the 14th of March as part of Pacific Challenge at ANZ Stadium in Suva.
Fijian Latui squad for 2020 GRR season ** 3 players to be announced.
Joeli Veitayaki – Naitasiri
Timoci Sauvoli – Nadroga
Livai Natave – Suva
Penijamini Makutu – Suva
Mateo Qolisese – Suva
Jone Koroi – Nadroga
Ratunaisa Navuma – Nadroga
Tevita Ikanivere – Suva
Manoa Mocelutu – Namosi
Epeli Radaniva – Lautoka
Chris Minimbi – Naitasiri
Soro Tuifagalele – Suva
Sailasa Kerekere – Nadroga
Eremasi Radrodro – Nadroga
Filimoni Seru – Suva
Elia Canakaivata – Suva
Raikabula Momodonu – Nadi
Simione Kuruvoli – Suva
Aminiasi Natoga – Namosi
Leone Nawai – Suva
Caleb Muntz – Fijian Drua
Serupepeli Vularika – Namosi
Cyril Reece – Namosi
Apisalome Vota – Suva
John Stewart – Suva
Jiuta Wainiqolo – Suva
Nacanieli Narekuva – Nadroga
Epeli Momo – Namosi
Meli Nakarawa – Namosi
Jone Manu – Suva
Osea Waqa – Nadi
Immanuel Naciva – Naitasiri
Apisai Vatubuli – Fijian Drua
Joseva Nasaroa – Suva
Necani Nawaqadau – Naitasiri
Eparama Luvata – Namosi
Kini Douglas – Naitasiri
Lepani Raiyala – Namosi
Lolohea Loco – Melbourne Rising
Josateki Deigei – Namosi
Joseva Kurucuva – Nadroga
Enele Malele – Suva
Sakiusa Nakalevu – Nadroga
Tuidraki Samusamuvodre – Naitasiri
Levani – Kurumudu – Suva....
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media