- Sports News : CNMI Sports Association wants to work with Governor to keep Mini Games [22/03/2019 - Northern Mariana Islands]
- Sports News : Vanuatu Volleyball wins IOC award [22/03/2019 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : Scenic Hotel Tonga pulls down sign in shock closure [22/03/2019 - Tonga]
- News : Call to prayer and two-minute silence: 'We are broken-hearted, but we are not broken' [22/03/2019 - New Zealand]
- News : PNG Energy Minister not ashamed to push for coal energy [22/03/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Namulau’ulu Sami Leota ahead in Fa’asaleleaga by election provisional results [22/03/2019 - Samoa]
- Business News : Indonesia signs economic agreement with Fiji and PNG [21/03/2019 - Indonesia]
- News : French research institute to study coastal erosion for UNESCO heritage site in Raietea [21/03/2019 - France]
- News : Fiji Police: Transponder discovered in Lomaiviti waters, linked to drug smuggling [21/03/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : New era of Indonesia- South Pacific engagement [21/03/2019 - Indonesia]
- Business News : Minister declares Fiji Airports Air Traffic Management staff strike illegal [21/03/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Taiwan President Tsai arrives in Palau [21/03/2019 - Palau]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Three years after same-sex marriages were legalised in the Northern Marianas, Saipan Mayor's Office say that they have topped heterosexual marriages on the island.
The figures are based on the marriage licenses issued by the municipality.
From January through September 2018, the mayor's office conducted a total of 96 same-sex marriages, 59 of which were female and 37 male.
Within the same span, the office recorded only 31 heterosexual marriages.
Same-sex marriages outnumbering heterosexual, or marriages between the opposite sex, have been a trend on Saipan the past couple of years since 2015 when the U.S. Supreme Court made it legal.
SOURCE: RNZ PACIFIC/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media