- Sports News : PNG to support Solomon Islands bid for 2023 Pacific Games [22/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : Fiji's World Cup preparations dealt a blow as coach cut from staff [22/05/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Development of women in rugby is the single greatest opportunity for our sport to grow in the next decade' [22/05/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Trump meets Pacific islands leaders to boost U.S ties [22/05/2019 - United States]
- News : Vanuatu PM salutes partnership with NZ [22/05/2019 - New Zealand]
- News : Pacific leaders urge Scott Morrison to act on climate emergency following election win [22/05/2019 - Australia]
- News : The late Dr Jiko Luveni posthumously recognised as a global health hero at the WHO meeting in Geneva [22/05/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Joint Statement from the President of the United States and the Presidents of the Freely Associated States [22/05/2019 - United States]
- Business News : Kina shares plans to become ‘leading bank’ [22/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Tonga PM back at work after treatment [22/05/2019 - Tonga]
- News : High Court rejects petition against PM Sogavare [22/05/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- Sports News : Samoan PM to compete in Pacific Games [21/05/2019 - Samoa]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
A bitter feud has again emerged in Tonga's parliament, with two nobles raising a motion to send the prime minister overseas for a health assessment.
Lord Tu'ilakepa and Tevita Lavema'au moved that the House send 'Akilisi Pohiva for an assessment, and that a report on his health be sent back to parliament.
They also pushed for their no-confidence motion against Pohiva to be heard Thursday, Parliament's final sitting day.
The Speaker did not respond to the requests.
The opposition - which largely consists of nobles - has repeatedly tried to have Pohiva ousted, despite him voters returning him to power last year with an increased majority....
SOURCE: RNZ PACIFIC/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media