- Business News : Real Tonga Airlines touches down in Apia [27/07/2017 - Samoa]
- Business News : Huawei at Center of Pacific Cable Spat [27/07/2017 - Australia]
- News : Marshall Islands President calls for better coordination between CROP agencies [27/07/2017 - New Caledonia]
- News : PM O'Neill congratulates all elected MPs in PNG [27/07/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : RWC Sevens 2018 fans urged not to miss out following strong first week of ticket sales [27/07/2017 - United States]
- Sports News : Fiji 7s coach says captain's departure an "opportunity" for others [27/07/2017 - Fiji]
- Sports News : St George Illawarra Dragons in move to stage landmark home NRL game in Fiji [27/07/2017 - Australia]
- News Feature : Paris climate deal needs to be politically, not legally, binding [27/07/2017 - France]
- News Feature : Tough backdrop to NZ immigration decision [27/07/2017 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : MASI Plans for the future - call for members to register [27/07/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- Business News : PACER Plus could erode social services in Pacific says CTU [27/07/2017 - New Zealand]
- Business News : Cooperation to strengthen safeguarding of Fiji Maritime boundaries [27/07/2017 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
A 20-year-old man has died of dengue in New Caledonia, becoming the eighth fatality in this year's outbreak.
The government said the man, who lived in Noumea, was admitted to hospital on Friday and died the same day.
It said he showed first signs of the mosquito-borne illness four days before his death, but had weakened health from undisclosed conditions.
It said 17 people with dengue were being cared for in hospital.
The authorities have renewed calls to eliminate mosquito breeding sites which multiplied after the passing of two cyclones in the past month....
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media