- Sports News : Coates confident Oceania participation at 2022 Asian Games still possible in team sports [20/09/2017 - Turkmenistan]
- Business News : Air Niugini’s special flight sells out [20/09/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Meeting in FSM by PNG central bank called an insult [20/09/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Healthy oceans, safe climate imperative for small islands to survive, Pacific island leaders tell UN [20/09/2017 - United States]
- News : Time to translate nuclear test moratorium into legally binding obligation – UN chief [20/09/2017 - United States]
- News : NZ political parties outline Pacific policies ahead of election [20/09/2017 - New Zealand]
- News : PNG Government welcomes US decision to take 54 asylum seekers [20/09/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Mobilising Pacific Leadership to Empower Women and Youth [20/09/2017 - United States]
- News Feature : Commonwealth youth – the ‘gems’ at the heart of CHOGM 2018 [20/09/2017 - United Kingdom]
- Business News : Air Vanuatu board sacked [20/09/2017 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : New APTC graduates celebrate success in Tonga [20/09/2017 - Tonga]
- Business News : K4 billion spent on food imports annually [20/09/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
A formal ceremony where Afioga Tuimalealiifano Vaaletoa Sualauvi II will take the oath of Samoa Head of State before the Chief Justice is scheduled for Friday at the Parliament precinct, Tuanaimato.
The Legislative Assembly approved the Notice from the Party to the Government to appoint Afioga Tuimalealiifano Vaaletoa Sualauvi II to the office of the Head of State in its sitting on the 5th July 2017.
The Speaker of the Legislative Assembly, Afioga Leaupepe Toleafoa Tamaaiono Faafisi will issue the Warrant of Appointment for the new Head of State elect prior to the date assigned for the inauguration.
The outgoing current head of state Tui Atua Tupua Tamasese Efi, has served in the position for 10 years.
Source: SAMOA GOVT/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media