- Business News : Real Tonga Airlines touches down in Apia [27/07/2017 - Samoa]
- Business News : Huawei at Center of Pacific Cable Spat [27/07/2017 - Australia]
- News : Marshall Islands President calls for better coordination between CROP agencies [27/07/2017 - New Caledonia]
- News : PM O'Neill congratulates all elected MPs in PNG [27/07/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : RWC Sevens 2018 fans urged not to miss out following strong first week of ticket sales [27/07/2017 - United States]
- Sports News : Fiji 7s coach says captain's departure an "opportunity" for others [27/07/2017 - Fiji]
- Sports News : St George Illawarra Dragons in move to stage landmark home NRL game in Fiji [27/07/2017 - Australia]
- News Feature : Paris climate deal needs to be politically, not legally, binding [27/07/2017 - France]
- News Feature : Tough backdrop to NZ immigration decision [27/07/2017 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : MASI Plans for the future - call for members to register [27/07/2017 - Solomon Islands]
- Business News : PACER Plus could erode social services in Pacific says CTU [27/07/2017 - New Zealand]
- Business News : Cooperation to strengthen safeguarding of Fiji Maritime boundaries [27/07/2017 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
A formal ceremony where Afioga Tuimalealiifano Vaaletoa Sualauvi II will take the oath of Samoa Head of State before the Chief Justice is scheduled for Friday at the Parliament precinct, Tuanaimato.
The Legislative Assembly approved the Notice from the Party to the Government to appoint Afioga Tuimalealiifano Vaaletoa Sualauvi II to the office of the Head of State in its sitting on the 5th July 2017.
The Speaker of the Legislative Assembly, Afioga Leaupepe Toleafoa Tamaaiono Faafisi will issue the Warrant of Appointment for the new Head of State elect prior to the date assigned for the inauguration.
The outgoing current head of state Tui Atua Tupua Tamasese Efi, has served in the position for 10 years.
Source: SAMOA GOVT/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media