- News Feature : Talanoa Dialogue Ė representing voices from across the world [09/12/2018 - Poland]
- Sports News : Fiji crowned champions at HSBC Cape Town Sevens [09/12/2018 - South Africa]
- Sports News : Hamilton 7s pools drawn [09/12/2018 - New Zealand]
- Business News : Fisheries observers are our "eyes at sea" [09/12/2018 - United States]
- News : PNA members add political weight to Pacific push to keep EEZ rights if members lose land to sea level rise [09/12/2018 - United States]
- News : Pacific steps up its fight against illegal, unregulated and unreported fishing with call to powerful fishing nations [09/12/2018 - United States]
- News : Ministers speaks out on PNA budget [09/12/2018 - United States]
- News : Pacific tuna states to address human and drug trafficking threats [09/12/2018 - United States]
- News : Fiji's opposition SODELPA and NFP files petition in High Court [09/12/2018 - Fiji]
- News : Nauru President reminds world leaders of urgency needed at UN climate change conference [09/12/2018 - Poland]
- News : Tokelau to be counted in Paris Agreement [09/12/2018 - Poland]
- Sports News : Solomon Islands 2023 Pacific Games - Moving Forward [06/12/2018 - Solomon Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Australia welcomes the Fiji Government’s announcement that national elections will take place on 14 November 2018.
This will be Fiji’s second national election since its return to parliamentary democracy in September 2014.
At the invitation of the Fiji Government, Australia will co-lead the Multinational Observer Group, alongside India and Indonesia, as we did in 2014.
Australia will be represented on the Multinational Observer Group by a bipartisan group of Australian parliamentarians, as well as experts and officials.
The Group will monitor processes from pre-election preparations, through the campaign period, to the announcement of official results.
Australia’s role as co-lead of the Multinational Observer Group is part of our broader partnership with Fiji.
It is also in addition to our ongoing support for the Fiji Election Commission and Fijian Elections Office through two long-term advisers. The Australian Electoral Commission is also providing ongoing technical assistance.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media