- Business News : Fiji accedes to the agreement on port state measures [14/02/2019 - Italy]
- Sports News : Tahiti concerned about Pacific Games accommodation [14/02/2019 - Samoa]
- News Feature : A rising China and the future of the “Blue Pacific” [14/02/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : $503.73 million in remittances top Samoa foreign exchange earner [14/02/2019 - Samoa]
- Business News : Vanuatu export breakthrough to New Caledonia [14/02/2019 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : PINA head cites importance of content sharing [14/02/2019 - New Zealand]
- Business News : Pacific Islands government should consider seabed mining impacts [14/02/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Beijing intensifies lobbying of Pacific nations to recognise Taiwan as part of One China [14/02/2019 - Fiji]
- News : American Samoa, Guam, Samoa added to EU blacklist, Vanuatu removed [14/02/2019 - Luxembourg]
- News : TSI: money the focus of elections, Police arrest a man in Honiara for alleged electoral offence [14/02/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Fiji Immigration will extend or renew expiring passports to another 10 years [14/02/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Solomon Islands election chief appeals to citizen not to break the law [14/02/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Australia welcomes the Fiji Government’s announcement that national elections will take place on 14 November 2018.
This will be Fiji’s second national election since its return to parliamentary democracy in September 2014.
At the invitation of the Fiji Government, Australia will co-lead the Multinational Observer Group, alongside India and Indonesia, as we did in 2014.
Australia will be represented on the Multinational Observer Group by a bipartisan group of Australian parliamentarians, as well as experts and officials.
The Group will monitor processes from pre-election preparations, through the campaign period, to the announcement of official results.
Australia’s role as co-lead of the Multinational Observer Group is part of our broader partnership with Fiji.
It is also in addition to our ongoing support for the Fiji Election Commission and Fijian Elections Office through two long-term advisers. The Australian Electoral Commission is also providing ongoing technical assistance.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media