- Sports News : PNG to support Solomon Islands bid for 2023 Pacific Games [22/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : Fiji's World Cup preparations dealt a blow as coach cut from staff [22/05/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Development of women in rugby is the single greatest opportunity for our sport to grow in the next decade' [22/05/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Trump meets Pacific islands leaders to boost U.S ties [22/05/2019 - United States]
- News : Vanuatu PM salutes partnership with NZ [22/05/2019 - New Zealand]
- News : Pacific leaders urge Scott Morrison to act on climate emergency following election win [22/05/2019 - Australia]
- News : The late Dr Jiko Luveni posthumously recognised as a global health hero at the WHO meeting in Geneva [22/05/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Joint Statement from the President of the United States and the Presidents of the Freely Associated States [22/05/2019 - United States]
- Business News : Kina shares plans to become ‘leading bank’ [22/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Tonga PM back at work after treatment [22/05/2019 - Tonga]
- News : High Court rejects petition against PM Sogavare [22/05/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- Sports News : Samoan PM to compete in Pacific Games [21/05/2019 - Samoa]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Australia welcomes the Fiji Government’s announcement that national elections will take place on 14 November 2018.
This will be Fiji’s second national election since its return to parliamentary democracy in September 2014.
At the invitation of the Fiji Government, Australia will co-lead the Multinational Observer Group, alongside India and Indonesia, as we did in 2014.
Australia will be represented on the Multinational Observer Group by a bipartisan group of Australian parliamentarians, as well as experts and officials.
The Group will monitor processes from pre-election preparations, through the campaign period, to the announcement of official results.
Australia’s role as co-lead of the Multinational Observer Group is part of our broader partnership with Fiji.
It is also in addition to our ongoing support for the Fiji Election Commission and Fijian Elections Office through two long-term advisers. The Australian Electoral Commission is also providing ongoing technical assistance.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media