- News Feature : Bust in Budi Budi: the day a fisherman hauled in $50m worth of cocaine [25/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : The Pacific is in danger of becoming a semi-narco region [25/06/2019 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : Sharing Pacific Perspectives on Climate Change & Disaster Risk Finance [25/06/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Samoa Parliament passes $913.6 million budget [25/06/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Wealthy countries resist global tax on carbon offsets [25/06/2019 - Germany]
- News : Australia sends representative to Palau to tackle establishment of Pacific Fusion Centre [25/06/2019 - Palau]
- News : Palau remains Tier Two in Trafficking in Persons Report [25/06/2019 - Palau]
- Sports News : Pacific Tests restructure: Cook Islands in, Lebanon out [25/06/2019 - Australia]
- Sports News : New $10 tala note commemorating the 2019 XVI Pacific Games circulated [25/06/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Tahiti are top seed in the Badminton Teams Event [25/06/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : PNG Kumuls focus on next Pacific Test against Fiji Bati [25/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Tuna transhipment validates catches [25/06/2019 - Cook Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
-A first case of type 2 dengue has been identified in Wallis and Futuna.
The health authorities said the victim was infected by a mosquito which is present in the territory.
They have called on the public to be vigilant to contain the outbreak.
People are urged to destroy the breeding grounds of mosquitoes - but efforts have been hampered by continuing wet weather.
Type 2 dengue is found in New Caledonia and this month spread to French Polynesia by a man travelling from Noumea.
SOURCE: RNZ PACIFIC/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media