- Sports News : Solomon Islands 2023 Pacific Games – PGC Visit to Honiara [22/02/2018 - Solomon Islands]
- News Feature : The Belt and Road to nowhere: China’s incoherent aid in Papua New Guinea [22/02/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Cook Islands airspace earns $300k annually [22/02/2018 - Cook Islands]
- Business News : SPTO and Fiji Airways partner to bring member countries to LA Travel & Adventure Show [22/02/2018 - Fiji]
- Business News : Solomon Islands companies move head on support for Women in Business [22/02/2018 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Barnaby Joyce quits as Australian deputy prime minister and National party leader [22/02/2018 - Australia]
- News : Drought hit atolls to receive help [22/02/2018 - Marshall Islands]
- News : No tax, duty on food and building materials from overseas, says Tonga Revenue Minister [22/02/2018 - Tonga]
- Sports News : Fiji 7s players contracted until the World Cup in July, Baber wants to prepare two squads [22/02/2018 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Manu Samoa Sevens for Vegas and Vancouver named [22/02/2018 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Gold Coast 2018 rugby sevens schedule released [22/02/2018 - Australia]
- News Feature : Why is tiny Nauru getting $26.9m in climate finance to build a port? [22/02/2018 - Nauru]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Five Solomon Islands Police working as United Nations peacekeepers in Darfur, Sudan, have been awarded the prestigious UN Peacekeepers Medals.
In what was described as an historic and emotional ceremony, the five, who are the first ever Solomon Islands contingent to win the medals, were recognised by the UN last week.
Police Commissioner Matthew Varley congratulated the officers for their “hard work, dedication and courage”. “I am proud of the significant contribution that the Solomon Islands Contingent has made in the service of peace in Darfur,” he said.
The five men end their tour of duty in September.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media