- News : Democratic Alliance Party in Solomon Islands to review diplomatic relationship with Taiwan [23/01/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Alotau burns [23/01/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Eastern Highlands Governor crosses the floor [23/01/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Opposition MP to cross the floor to join Cook Islands Government [23/01/2019 - Cook Islands]
- Business News : Fijians continue to benefit from Fiji's film industry [23/01/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Captains ready for HSBC New Zealand Sevens [23/01/2019 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : League stars' promotion of coal in PNG questioned [23/01/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Hung parliament in Cooks Islands after Demo win [23/01/2019 - Cook Islands]
- News : Ardern's plea for climate change action: Be 'on the right side of history' [23/01/2019 - New Zealand]
- Business News : Governor reactivates Guest Worker Programme for StarKist Samoa [23/01/2019 - American Samoa]
- News Feature : Fear of abandonment’: a history of Australian foreign policy [23/01/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Indonesia Takes a Page out of China’s Playbook to Cement Control over West Papua [23/01/2019 - Indonesia]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Paris has named a new prefect to run Wallis and Futuna from next year.
The territory's public broadcaster said the French government had appointed Thierry Queffelec, who is the current prefect of an administrative region in the southeast of France.
He will replace Jean-Francis Treffel who will take over as prefect of the department of Mayenne, west of Paris.
The latter part of his two-year tenure in Wallis and Futuna has been marked by a protracted public service strike.
Senior administrators have been on strike since September demanding their competencies be recognised to be reclassified as French public servants.
Their strike coincided with stoppages of the firefighters and the postal service.
SOURCE: RNZ PACIFIC/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media