- News Feature : UN backs Pacific priorities at World Urban Forum in Abu Dhabi [17/02/2020 - United Arab Emirates]
- Business News : Spread of coronavirus to affect PNG economy: Treasurer [17/02/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Bill for ICAC to be tabled in PNG Parliament [17/02/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Fiji and Tonga to hold talks on the Minerva Reef [17/02/2020 - Fiji]
- News : PNG Government denies entry for travellers to China since 31 January [17/02/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Indonesia military to blame for 2014 Papua killings: Rights commission [17/02/2020 - Indonesia]
- Sports News : Tonga expelled by International Rugby League [17/02/2020 - Tonga]
- Sports News : All can be forgiven': Fifita backs Folau for Tonga return [17/02/2020 - Australia]
- Sports News : Toua aims for Olympic history for PNG [17/02/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : Someone needs to break the deadlock of Group B in the OFC Champions League [17/02/2020 - New Zealand]
- Business News : Samoa Cruise cancellation costs hit $200,000 [17/02/2020 - Samoa]
- Business News : Manatua consortium confirms cable lay operations complete [17/02/2020 - New Zealand]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Paris has named a new prefect to run Wallis and Futuna from next year.
The territory's public broadcaster said the French government had appointed Thierry Queffelec, who is the current prefect of an administrative region in the southeast of France.
He will replace Jean-Francis Treffel who will take over as prefect of the department of Mayenne, west of Paris.
The latter part of his two-year tenure in Wallis and Futuna has been marked by a protracted public service strike.
Senior administrators have been on strike since September demanding their competencies be recognised to be reclassified as French public servants.
Their strike coincided with stoppages of the firefighters and the postal service.
SOURCE: RNZ PACIFIC/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media