- News Feature : Bust in Budi Budi: the day a fisherman hauled in $50m worth of cocaine [25/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : The Pacific is in danger of becoming a semi-narco region [25/06/2019 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : Sharing Pacific Perspectives on Climate Change & Disaster Risk Finance [25/06/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Samoa Parliament passes $913.6 million budget [25/06/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Wealthy countries resist global tax on carbon offsets [25/06/2019 - Germany]
- News : Australia sends representative to Palau to tackle establishment of Pacific Fusion Centre [25/06/2019 - Palau]
- News : Palau remains Tier Two in Trafficking in Persons Report [25/06/2019 - Palau]
- Sports News : Pacific Tests restructure: Cook Islands in, Lebanon out [25/06/2019 - Australia]
- Sports News : New $10 tala note commemorating the 2019 XVI Pacific Games circulated [25/06/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Tahiti are top seed in the Badminton Teams Event [25/06/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : PNG Kumuls focus on next Pacific Test against Fiji Bati [25/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Tuna transhipment validates catches [25/06/2019 - Cook Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The Pacific Games Office is proud to announce that tickets for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies for the Samoa 2019 XVI Pacific Games will be available for purchase starting Monday 17 June, 2019.
With prices ranging from SAT$5.00 (US$1.89 - SAT$50.00(US$18.92, and a limit of about 6,000 tickets for each show available, tickets will be in hot demand.
“Ticket pricing has been set to ensure as many people as possible have the opportunity to witness one or both shows,” said Leasiosiofa’asisina Oscar Malielegaoi, Games Organising Committee Director of Finance.
With the exception of Triathlon, Sailing, Va’a, Shooting, Archery, Cricket, Golf, Lawn Bowls, Squash, Badminton, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Open Water Swimming and Beach Volleyball, which will be free entry, all other sports will charge SAT$5.00 (US$1.89) at the gate.
“The strategy is to ensure that price is not a barrier, enabling more of our people to get out and support Team Samoa and visiting nations competing in the Games.”
Leasiosiofa’asisina also confirmed that all children aged 15 years and under will gain free entry to all events.
“This supports the in-school adopt-a-country programme and also allows more children to be exposed to sports they may have never seen played before. The hope is that it encourages more families to make the most of the opportunity to attend the Games.”
Tickets for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies will be sold at the Ministry of Finance, at Level 2 of the Central Bank Building, from Monday 17 June to Friday 5 July 2019, 0930hrs to 1500hrs.
Ticket-buyers based overseas are advised to email firstname.lastname@example.org for online payment instructions.
The Opening Ceremony takes place on 7 July and the Closing Ceremony takes place on 20 July. Both shows will be held at Apia Park, with a start time of 1830hrs.
Over 2,000 students will be performing in the shows which will both conclude with a 20-30 minute fireworks display..
SOURCE: PACIFIC GAMES OFFICE/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media