- Business News : Kiribati reviews Banking Act for second bank [08/03/2021 - Kiribati]
- News Feature : Reef revival: Fiji's corals bouncing back after ruinous cyclone [08/03/2021 - Fiji]
- News Feature : OCO Pacific women in Customs series: Avalisa's balancing act to keep Samoa safe [08/03/2021 - Samoa]
- News : Fijians register now for COVID-19 vaccines: Dr Fong [08/03/2021 - Fiji]
- News : NZ diplomat says they did not draft Fiji Police Bill [08/03/2021 - Fiji]
- Sports News : AIBA President pledges to support planning for Solomon Islands 2023 Pacific Games [08/03/2021 - Switzerland]
- Sports News : Vela Naucukidi keen to make history on and off the pitch for Fiji at Tokyo 2020 [08/03/2021 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Women in leadership: Achieving an equal future in a COVID-19 world [08/03/2021 - Fiji]
- Business News : COVID affects Solomon Islands tourism & aviation, holiday deal launched [08/03/2021 - Solomon Islands]
- News : China could soon outgun U.S. in western Pacific, Indo-Pacific chief says [08/03/2021 - United States]
- News : Draft Police Bill is draconian – Fiji Opposition leader Gavoka [08/03/2021 - Fiji]
- News : PNG Government secures K1billion loan from Japan for Covid-19 [08/03/2021 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The Chairman of the Kiribati Repatriation Task Force says more than 30 Kiribati seafarers currently stranded in Brisbane, Australia have been granted the greenlight to enter Fiji by the Fijian Government.
Dr Tinte Itinteang who’s also the Minister for Health and Medical Services said the move was part of the Kiribati Government’s efforts through its High Commission Office in Fiji to swiftly repatriate Kiribati seafarers who remain stranded overseas.
Dr Itinteang said like Fiji, the Kiribati Government was eyeing Australia as its transfer hub for stranded Kiribati nationals overseas before repatriation home.
SOURCE: RADIO KIRIBATI/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media