- Sports News : Red’s Henry Taefu among eight new caps in Manu Samoa’s June squad [28/05/2017 - Samoa]
- News Feature : The Ocean Conference: An Integrated Vision that must be Delivered [28/05/2017 - United States]
- News Feature : American Samoa tuna cannery closure prompts fisheries gifts to Tokelau [28/05/2017 - New Zealand]
- Business News : ADB, HFC Bank sign first trade finance deal in Fiji [28/05/2017 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Pacific nations ready to mobilise action to reverse marine degradation, UN convenes Oceans conference next week [28/05/2017 - Fiji]
- News : World can 'learn ocean management from Pacific' [28/05/2017 - Fiji]
- News : Election in Samoa to be mandatory in 2021: PM Tuilaepa [28/05/2017 - Samoa]
- News : U.S. Marine transfer plan from Okinawato Guam might be reviewed, commandant says [28/05/2017 - United States]
- Sports News : Pacific Games Council to make last attempt to keep 2019 Games in Tonga [28/05/2017 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Official says Government funds had already been allocated for Tonga 2019 before host's withdrawal [28/05/2017 - Tonga]
- Sports News : Qera to lead Flying Fijians on June Test [28/05/2017 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Fiji stars Nemani Nadolo and Josua Tuisova won’t play against Wallabies [28/05/2017 - Australia]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fijian Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama met the President of China Xi Jinping and Russian President Vladimir Putin at the Belt and Road Forum Leaders Roundtable in China.
While speaking at the round table meeting, Bainimarama said that they are striving for a successful presidency of COP 23, not just for the sake of Fiji’s prestige.
Bainimarama says he strives for the nations of the world to succeed in Fiji’s joint endeavor to save ourselves from an intolerable future.
Bainimarama said that Fiji’s success will be humankind’s success.
He said it will mean success for biodiversity, for animal and plant life on the planet and it will be success for the future of our children.
Bainimarama said he was looking forward to working with the Chinese president to defend the Paris Agreement and its full implementation in Bonn this November.
SOURCE: FIJI VILLAGE/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media