- Sports News : Flying Fijians Coach keeps a close tab on local players [07/08/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : COVID-19 economic impact devastating for the Pacific region [07/08/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- News : PM Bainimarama announces Fiji's nominations for Forum Secretary General [07/08/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Pacific at centre of first NZ election debate [07/08/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : COVID economic crisis, Debt and a path out for Palau and the Pacific [07/08/2020 - Palau]
- News : Additional 2,770 COVID-19 test cartridges arrive in Fiji [07/08/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Video emerges of NZ yacht involved in tense dispute with Tonga's navy at reef used as safe haven [07/08/2020 - Tonga]
- News Feature : 35th Anniversary of the South Pacific Nuclear Free Zone Treaty [07/08/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Cook Islands Air-bridge to NZ to be ‘world-first’ [07/08/2020 - Cook Islands]
- News : Global cooperation is our only choice against COVID-19, says WHO chief [07/08/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Salaries & Allowances of Niue MPs revealed [07/08/2020 - Niue]
- News Feature : COVID-19: Over 6,650 detainees in the Pacific region receive assistance [07/08/2020 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The Chinese Embassy in Fiji has lashed out at Fiji's Opposition SODELPA MP Mitieli Bulanauca for his comments in parliament.
The Embassy says the comments can fuel racial ramifications for the Chinese community in Fiji.
Bulanauca had said that COVID-19 has been spread by evil forces to assist China and they’re responsible for the crisis we are in and were assisted by satanic forces.
The Embassy says they’re shocked and disappointed with Bulanauca’s parliamentary remarks which doesn’t have any facts but taken from fake social media pages.
It said we need to keep cool heads and clearly say no to racism and xenophobia.
Such acrimony will not only undercut cooperation between our nations but also sow seeds of suspicion and confrontation that could put our people and even the world in grave danger.
Bulanauca also went on to hit out at the World Health Organisation, saying it had sided with China.
“They’re still for the vaccine and when one is approved by WHO whose integrity is now questionable for siding with China or communism, you will be artificially inseminated with a certificate to it under your body or skin.”
The Chinese embassy however states that all available reliable data suggests that the virus has a natural animal origin and is not a manipulated or constructed virus.
“We have all along been in good communication and cooperation with WHO. But we have never attempted to manipulate the organisation. WHO is a specialised UN agency for public health security? It has 194 member states, where 11 members on its 21-strong headquarters leadership are from the U.S, the EU, Canada and Australia, and only one is from China.”
The embassy further said coronavirus did not originate from Wuhan as claimed by many, as the origin is yet to be identified.
It is calling for solidarity and cooperation as a weapon to halt the pandemic.
SOURCE: FBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media