- News : Climate Action: It’s time to make peace with nature, UN chief urges [03/12/2020 - United States]
- News : Three Fijian MPs charged to appear before Chief Magistrate [03/12/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Solomon Islands Government seals decision on Facebook [03/12/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- News : World could heat up to 3.9 degrees by 2100 on current policies, putting future of Pacific Islands at dire risk [02/12/2020 - Australia]
- News : New Zealand declares a climate change emergency [02/12/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : World awaits action by 'suicidal' Australia, says former climate chief [02/12/2020 - Australia]
- News : Covid could derail efforts to eradicate malaria in Pacific, health experts warn [02/12/2020 - Australia]
- News : PNG Ombudsman Commission referred former deputy PM to Public Prosecutor for misconduct in office [02/12/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : FICAC expected to lay charges against atleast seven MPs [02/12/2020 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Samoan rugby growing but still needs help from New Zealand and Australia [02/12/2020 - Samoa]
- Sports News : ONOC 40th General Assembly begins with preliminary workshops [02/12/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : Fiji economic contraction revised [02/12/2020 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Palau’s President-elect Surangel Whipps, Jr has announced the organisation of his transition team.
According to the statement issued by his transition team, President-elect Whipps Jr appointed Kione Isechal and Minister Charles Obichang from the current Ministry of Public Infrastructure, Industries, & Commerce as Co-Chairs to lead the transition.
The report says that with the help of Minister Obichang in streamlining the process, the Transition Team is in direct communication with President Remengesau’s senior officials and will be working closely with the Remengesau administration in an effort to ensure a smooth transition. Furthermore, it says, Minister Elbuchel Sadang has been tasked to lead the current administration in this transition.
“We appreciate the government’s cooperation and are excited to work with them in an amicable and open manner. I think we’re off to a good start,” says President-elect Surangel Whipps, Jr.
The transition team is made up of a number of sub-committees that will be coordinating closely with the different governmental and other agencies during the transition.
The President-elect emphasised that we are living in a difficult time as we deal with the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic and economic downturn; thus, it’s important that the transition team work with the goal of minimal disruption of government operations and services. Another mission of the team is to pave the way in bringing the President-elect’s vision of “A kot a rechad er Belau” to life.
The Surangel Whipps, Jr transition team is coordinated by a secretariat team led by Landisang Kotaro.
SOURCE: ISLAND TIMES/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media