- News Feature : New Agreement Offers Brighter Future for Pacific Bluefin Tuna [19/09/2017 - Japan]
- News Feature : Conservation of Sharks in the Pacific [19/09/2017 - Samoa]
- Business News : Newcrest appoints first Papua New Guinean to oversee Lihir mine operations [19/09/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Tuna-fishing nations agree on plan to replenish severely depleted Pacific bluefin stocks [19/09/2017 - Japan]
- News : Tuvalu PM calls for urgency on Paris Agreement [19/09/2017 - United States]
- News : Samoa PM has talks with Indonesian minister in New York [19/09/2017 - United States]
- News : PNG lacks planning for mass evacuation, disaster official says [19/09/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : Fiji to host Oceania 7's Championship [19/09/2017 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Conserving Turtles and Promoting Community Benefits [19/09/2017 - Samoa]
- News Feature : Pacific Island Climate Officers Enhances Skills on the Use of the Seasonal Climate Outlook for the Pacific Islands (SCOPIC) Tool [19/09/2017 - Samoa]
- News Feature : The right information at the right time, says Pacific Environment Forum [19/09/2017 - Samoa]
- Business News : PNG Government removes critical powers from proposed corruption watchdog [19/09/2017 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Pacific Bauxite has been granted a prospecting licence over the South West New Georgia bauxite project, in the Western Province of the Solomon Islands.
The company believes the project is prospective for large tonnage direct shipping ore bauxite mineralisation, which appears analogous with deposits in the Nendo and Rennell Islands, both within the Solomon Islands.
This style of mineralisation provides the opportunity for quick, cost-effective resource definition and a simple, low cost, dig-load-ship style mining operation.
The licence was granted for an initial three years and the company has received widespread local support.
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media