- Sports News : Flying Fijians Coach keeps a close tab on local players [07/08/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : COVID-19 economic impact devastating for the Pacific region [07/08/2020 - Solomon Islands]
- News : PM Bainimarama announces Fiji's nominations for Forum Secretary General [07/08/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Pacific at centre of first NZ election debate [07/08/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : COVID economic crisis, Debt and a path out for Palau and the Pacific [07/08/2020 - Palau]
- News : Additional 2,770 COVID-19 test cartridges arrive in Fiji [07/08/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Video emerges of NZ yacht involved in tense dispute with Tonga's navy at reef used as safe haven [07/08/2020 - Tonga]
- News Feature : 35th Anniversary of the South Pacific Nuclear Free Zone Treaty [07/08/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Cook Islands Air-bridge to NZ to be ‘world-first’ [07/08/2020 - Cook Islands]
- News : Global cooperation is our only choice against COVID-19, says WHO chief [07/08/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : Salaries & Allowances of Niue MPs revealed [07/08/2020 - Niue]
- News Feature : COVID-19: Over 6,650 detainees in the Pacific region receive assistance [07/08/2020 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Samoa's Head of State, Tuimalealiifano Vaaletoa Sualauvi II after consultation with Cabinet signed into law for the COVID 19 State of Emergency Orders to remain in force via its extension from 03 August 2020 until 30 August 2020.
In addition a new amendment is also included which states as follow;
(1) Matai title bestowment is permitted on the following conditions:
(a) social distancing is to be observed;
(b) attendance is restricted to 50 couples;
(c) visitors (malo usu) are prohibited;
(d) only residents in Samoa are permitted to attend and the attendance of overseas residents is prohibited.
The rest of the State of Emergency Orders is still in force.
The new Order commences on 28 July 2020.
SOURCE: SAMOA GOVT/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media