- Sports News : Victory [19/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Flying Fijians coach McKee names squad for final test against Maori All Blacks [18/07/2019 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : Kable shoots another Gold for Team Fiji [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Samoa PM calls on Pacific Games Council to address transgender concerns [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Pacific Mini Games to feature six sports in scaled down format in Northern Mariana Islands [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Pacific Games Council hoping for amicable conclusion to dispute with Tongan Government [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Pacific's fastest man reigns in thrilling 200m final [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Wisil completes historic Pacific Games sprint triple-triple with 200m gold [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- News Feature : Mobilising Urgent Action and Political Will For Ocean and Climate Change [18/07/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Vanuatu: First country in the Pacific to develop its Multi hazard National Contingency Plan [18/07/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Climate change main priority says new EU Ambassador to Pacific [18/07/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Climate crisis not science debate anymore: Kiribati civil servant [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The French Ambassador to Fiji, Sujiro Seam has been appointed as the new Head of the European Union Delegation to the Paciﬁc Region.
The nomination was announced by Federica Mogherini, High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Aﬀairs and Security Policy. He is also the Vice-President of the European Commission.
Seams’ nomination is one of 43 worldwide that will come into effect once agreements are received.
He has tweeted “I’ve just been officially nominated as Head of the European Delegation for the Pacific. Honored to soon represent the European Union in this region.”
Sujiro Seam was appointed Ambassador of France to Fiji, in residence in Suva in September 2017.
As a career diplomat, he joined the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Paris in 1998 and first served at the Directorate of Legal Affairs.
He took his first overseas assignment in Brussels in 2001, where he was an Expert at the European Commission, in the Trade Dispute Settlement Unit, and then Counsellor in charge of Fisheries, regional Policy, Maritime Policy, Outermost Regions and Overseas Countries and Territories.
Back in Paris in 2009, he was promoted Assistant-Director for Food Security and Economic Development and then Deputy-Director for Development and Global Public Goods, with responsibility for Economic Development, Climate and Environment, Health and Human Development and Governance.
He was appointed Consul General of France in Houston in 2013, with jurisdiction over Texas, Arkansas and Oklahoma.
He studied at the National School of Administration (“Valmy” Class of 1998) and the Institute of Political Sciences of Paris.
He also graduated from the Paris Graduate School of Management and holds a certificate of Commercial Russian from the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Born in Cambodia, Sujiro Seam is married with two children.
SOURCE: ISLANDS BUSINESS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media