- Sports News : Fijian Drua down Force to clinch historic minor premiership [14/10/2018 - Australia]
- Sports News : Samoa, Tonga could be next as Fiji clinch Australian rugby minor premiership [14/10/2018 - Australia]
- News Feature : Impact on peaceful future and on Referendum [14/10/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Six political parties to contest in this year’s general election [14/10/2018 - Fiji]
- News : China-proposed Belt and Road Initiative provides opportunities for Pacific island nations: Samoan PM [14/10/2018 - Samoa]
- Business News : Fish piracy a huge challenge in Solomon Islands [14/10/2018 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Bigger PNG military part of talks over Manus Island base [14/10/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Maserati madness, PNG PM says no secret to purchase of luxury vehicles for APEC [14/10/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Governments commit to improve rehab services and recognise Region’s progress on other health issues [14/10/2018 - Philippines]
- Business News : Basil: PNG Coal power to create 300 jobs [14/10/2018 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Fiji Kava to become the first kava listing on any global stock exchange [14/10/2018 - Fiji]
- Business News : Fiji to mantain momentum for climate action through World Bank chairmanship [14/10/2018 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Papua New Guinea Prime Minister Peter ONeill and his counterpart Japan’s Shinzo Abe are expected to discuss on PNG’s hosting of the APEC Summit in November.
All Pacific leaders scheduled to start arriving in Japan today will also be briefed. Japan’s support for APEC PNG 2018 has been very successful.
In a brief presented the Japanese Government briefed: “To support the APEC 2018, we have donated to PNG 68 vehicles in total comprising 46 medium and small sized buses and 22 ambulances worth approximately 7.5 million Kina.”
“We invited 59 PNG government officials to Japan for APEC training from 2016 to 2017. “And in addition, a Japanese music instructor is currently training the military music band with music instruments provided by Japan for performance on the occasion of the APEC Leaders’ Summit in November this year.”
PM O’Neill will speak also on the progress of APEC among others.
SOURCE: POST COURIER/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media