- Sports News : Footballer sues CIFA for $1 million [20/05/2019 - Cook Islands]
- Sports News : “I am deeply saddened”: Israel Folau speaks out after Rugby Australia sacking [20/05/2019 - Australia]
- News : Coalition set to form majority government [20/05/2019 - Australia]
- News : Court to deliver decision on appeal against discharge of four charges against Lord Tu’ivakanō [20/05/2019 - Tonga]
- News : UN chief: ‘Save the Pacific to save the world’ [20/05/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Vanuatu Prime Minister to visit New Zealand [20/05/2019 - Vanuatu]
- Sports News : Kagifa Samoa making debut this week [16/05/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : 'One day we'll disappear': Tuvalu's sinking islands [16/05/2019 - Tuvalu]
- Business News : Cook Islands telecom policy promises affordability [16/05/2019 - Cook Islands]
- Business News : 17 APTC students graduate in Kiribati [16/05/2019 - Kiribati]
- News : Motion against Tuvalu PM as UN SG visits [16/05/2019 - Tuvalu]
- News : PM O’Neill adamant on seeking courts guideline on no confidence motion [16/05/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji's central bank has announced the appointment of Petaia Tuimanu as its chief manager economics group, with effect from August 1, 2018.
In making the announcement, Reserve Bank of Fiji (RBF) governor and chairman Ariff Ali said Tuimanu was among the central bank’s most accomplished upcoming leaders.
In this senior management role, Tuimanu will lead the Reserve Bank’s core function of formulating monetary policy and providing economic analysis and advice.
He has been acting in this role since January 2, 2018.
Tuimanu joined the Reserve Bank of Fiji in October 2001 as an economist and was promoted to senior economist in November 2010. From September 2015 to August 2017, he was seconded to the International Monetary Fund in Washington, D.C, as an advisor in the Southeast Asia Group
SOURCE: FIJI TIMES/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media