- Business News : Cook Islands Superfund increases withdrawal limit from 15k to 45k [14/04/2021 - Cook Islands]
- News Feature : Forum SG Dame Meg Taylor statement regarding Japan decision to release ALPS treated water into the Pacific Ocean [14/04/2021 - Fiji]
- News : Double voting surfaces in Samoa’s elections final count [14/04/2021 - Samoa]
- News : Unofficial close margins can be swung by special votes in Samoa [14/04/2021 - Samoa]
- News : Two new COVID-19 deaths – PNG total deaths at 71 [14/04/2021 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Akaiti Puna wife of former PM named Cook Islands Party candidate [14/04/2021 - Cook Islands]
- News : Fukushima: Japan announces it will dump contaminated water into sea [14/04/2021 - Japan]
- News : First batch of 132,000 vaccines arrives in Port Moresby through COVAX facility [14/04/2021 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : Pacific pathway to Super Rugby sealed with Moana Pasifika, Fijian Drua confirmed to join in 2022 [14/04/2021 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : A transformational and historic moment for Fiji Rugby as the Fijian Drua is welcomed into Super Rugby [14/04/2021 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Kaiviti Silktails record first win of the season [12/04/2021 - Australia]
- Sports News : PNG Hunters surge into top four after win over Mackay Cutters 26 - 14 [12/04/2021 - Australia]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji authorities reminded about press freedom’s importance in tackling COVID-19
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) criticized the op-ed by the Fiji Military Forces chief of staff who argued that freedom of speech and freedom of the press can be stifled in times of national emergencies.
This statement was originally published on rsf.org
Read article More related articles
RSF 2020 World Press Freedom Index: Coming decade will be decisive for the future of journalism
“The coronavirus pandemic illustrates the negative factors threatening the right to reliable information, ...Netizen pushback in China: Sharing information and circumventing COVID-19 censorship
Despite China's notorious censorship regime, netizens have found ingenious ways to share COVID-19 informatio...
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...
28 September 2014
The censorship or banning of books is a phenomenon that occurs in countries around the world. Books that are consi...On Right to Know Day, UN urged to emphasise free expression in the Post-2015 Agenda
28 September 2014
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media