- Sports News : Athletics PNG pulls out as host [16/01/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : ABG set for name change [16/01/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Air Niugini's request to codeshare with Phillipine Airlilnes denied [16/01/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Tahiti prepares for Macron's trip in April [16/01/2020 - France]
- News : New ADB President Masatsugu Asakawa Assumes Office [16/01/2020 - Philippines]
- News Feature : Pacific predictions: 2020 [14/01/2020 - Australia]
- News Feature : Australia not to hit its 5% 2020 emissions reduction target till 2030 [14/01/2020 - Australia]
- Business News : Kiribati welcomes China Tourism Destination Status [14/01/2020 - Kiribati]
- News : President Tsai wins second term with huge victory [14/01/2020 - Taiwan]
- Business News : Cook Islands submarine fibreoptic cable going live in May [13/01/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Samoa to build regional Police Academy centre [11/01/2020 - Samoa]
- Business News : China eyes Kiribati as tourist destination for its citizens [10/01/2020 - Kiribati]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Country profile - Northern Mariana Islands
The Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, or CNMI, is a chain of 14 islands in the north-west Pacific. It is self-governing, but linked politically to the US.
The CNMI is exempt from US minimum wage and immigration laws; this has helped to drive a billion-dollar garment trade which employs thousands of migrant workers, many of them from China and the Philippines. Migrants outnumber the indigenous Chamarro and Carolinian populations.
Source: BBCAdditional information Full name: The Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) Population: 69,000 (via UN, 2006) Capital: Saipan Area: 457 sq km Major languages: English, Chamarro, Carolinian Major religions: Christianity Monetary unit: 1 US dollar = 100 cents Main exports: Clothing
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media