- News : PNG PM Marape among witnesses summoned to controversial UBS loan inquiry [27/01/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Two men in quarantine in Samoa over coronavirus fears [27/01/2020 - Samoa]
- News : PNG Foreign Office in contact with Beijing to assist students in Wuhan [27/01/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : NZ virus case may mean ban on Pacific flights, government told [27/01/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : Jacinda Ardern is accused of 'climate hypocrisy' [27/01/2020 - Australia]
- News Feature : Ex-director of controversial security company Paladin willing to tell all [27/01/2020 - Australia]
- Sports News : Still no home for 2021 NZ sevens leg [27/01/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : Pacific to host 84th Extraordinary Outreach Session of the Committee on the Rights of the Child [26/01/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Six Chinese nationals quarantined in Nadi [26/01/2020 - Fiji]
- News : PNG, a haven for human trafficking syndicates: Report [26/01/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Lolo: Our peopleís lack of faith in govít will stall any attempt to amend political status [26/01/2020 - American Samoa]
- Business News : Official: Solwara 1 failed [26/01/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
5th Pacific Media Summit 2018
Greetings from the PINA Secretariat in Suva, Fiji Islands!
We have been receiving lots of inquiries about our 5th Pacific Media Summit in Nuku’alofa, Tonga from 7-11 May this year.
Below are some quick updates on preparations for the Media Summit;
Our theme for the summit is “Empowering the Media for Digital Challenges.”
“Many of governments in the Pacific have embarked on ambitious ICT policies in the hope that it will facilitate growth and transform their people into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. Most of these policies are centred on making available digital infrastructure, providing governance and services on demand and digital empowerment of citizens. The summit will explore opportunities and challenges for the media in a digitally empowered society.”
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media