- News Feature : Melanesia Media Freedom Forum outcome statement declaration [13/11/2019 - Australia]
- Sports News : Flying Fijians look to future against Barbarians [13/11/2019 - United Kingdom]
- News : Kiribati Opposition's hopes of no confidence vote quashed [13/11/2019 - Kiribati]
- News : PNG Bougainville prepares for historic vote on nationhood [13/11/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : American Samoa declares health emergency over measles [13/11/2019 - American Samoa]
- News : Grieving Samoan mum loses two children to suspected measles, third child is ill [13/11/2019 - Samoa]
- Business News : NZ Government to consider replacing RNZ, TVNZ with new public broadcaster [13/11/2019 - New Zealand]
- News : New security college to focus on Pacific [13/11/2019 - Australia]
- News : Kiribati budget defeated in Parliament [13/11/2019 - Kiribati]
- News : Commonwealth enters new partnership to enhance climate action in small states [13/11/2019 - United Kingdom]
- News : Samoa children's outpatient clinic to be closed due to measles [13/11/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Scrutineers, observers vital for Bougainville referendum: Claudio [13/11/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
5th Pacific Media Summit 2018
Greetings from the PINA Secretariat in Suva, Fiji Islands!
We have been receiving lots of inquiries about our 5th Pacific Media Summit in Nuku’alofa, Tonga from 7-11 May this year.
Below are some quick updates on preparations for the Media Summit;
Our theme for the summit is “Empowering the Media for Digital Challenges.”
“Many of governments in the Pacific have embarked on ambitious ICT policies in the hope that it will facilitate growth and transform their people into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. Most of these policies are centred on making available digital infrastructure, providing governance and services on demand and digital empowerment of citizens. The summit will explore opportunities and challenges for the media in a digitally empowered society.”
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media