- Sports News : PNG Government pays K1m for athletes levy fees for Pacific Games [17/04/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : Hero of Nantes on hand to develop the next generation of Fiji stars [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Oceania Rugby U20s championship to be streamed live [17/04/2019 - Australia]
- News Feature : Young Fiji feminist election to CIVICUS board a huge achievement: FCOSS [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Thousands to benefit from stronger, Sustainable fisheries in Tonga under a US$10 million grant [17/04/2019 - Tonga]
- Business News : Eight percent threshold for Samoa National Provident Fund contributors’ annual dividend [17/04/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Mouth cancer epidemic hits US-affiliated islands [17/04/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : PNC party stable and intact, says PM O’Neill [17/04/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : CTI Seminar report out! Promoting humane laws and practices in the Pacific [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Documentary focuses on challenges of parenting in the smart age [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : May 3 Protest will go ahead says Fiji Trades Union Congress [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Tonga's Supreme Court rejects Tongasat appeal [17/04/2019 - Tonga]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The European Union's candidate to head the UN's food and agriculture programme says she would bring a much greater focus to the Pacific if elected.
Catherine Geslain-Lanéelle is up against five other candidates to head the office.
Geslain-Lanéelle said the Pacific had little representation within the organisation, which needs to change as the challenges the region faces are immense.
“And this region is very much affected by climate change. We still have countries where have hunger, we have malnutrition and where we have food waste and loss. So this is important to address all of these challenges.”
Catherine Geslain-Lanéelle said she had already met several Pacific leaders, and has a visit to the region planned for April.
SOURCE: RNZ PACIFIC/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media