- Sports News : Victory [19/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Flying Fijians coach McKee names squad for final test against Maori All Blacks [18/07/2019 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : Kable shoots another Gold for Team Fiji [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Samoa PM calls on Pacific Games Council to address transgender concerns [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Pacific Mini Games to feature six sports in scaled down format in Northern Mariana Islands [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Pacific Games Council hoping for amicable conclusion to dispute with Tongan Government [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Pacific's fastest man reigns in thrilling 200m final [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Wisil completes historic Pacific Games sprint triple-triple with 200m gold [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- News Feature : Mobilising Urgent Action and Political Will For Ocean and Climate Change [18/07/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Vanuatu: First country in the Pacific to develop its Multi hazard National Contingency Plan [18/07/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Climate change main priority says new EU Ambassador to Pacific [18/07/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Climate crisis not science debate anymore: Kiribati civil servant [18/07/2019 - Samoa]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Two local businesses in Samoa have been awarded contracts to supply sports equipment for the Pacific Games.
The companies are Island Rock Company Limited and Samoa Stationery & Books (SSAB) Limited.
“Sports equipment for the various sports is required in order to host a successful Pacific Games,” a statement issued by Cabinet said.
“The Government of the Peoples Republic of China is assisting the games by donating 80% of the required sports equipment. The Government of Samoa will procure the remaining 20% of sports equipment.
“The evaluation was carried out according to the conditions set out in the Request for Tender document, the stipulations of the Treasury Instructions 2016 and the Samoa Tenders Board Guideline for Government Procurement and Contracting: Goods, Works and General Services 2016.”
Breakdown of successful bids:
• Island Rock Co. Ltd – ST$298,883.10 (US$114,895.35) (to supply Lot 1 (split between Island Rock and SSAB) & Lot 3)
o Lot 1 – General Sports Equipment
o Lot 3 – Sports Equipment for Sailing
• Samoa Stationery & Books (SSAB) Ltd – ST$84,763 (US$32,592) (to supply Lot 1 (split between Island Rock and SSAB)
Meanwhile, Schwartz Construction Ltd has been awarded the contract for the refurbishment of Gym 1, Gym 2 and Gym 3 of the Faleata Sports Complex.
The tender for the projects was advertised for public interest and four companies submitted applications of bids.
An assessment of the tenders was conducted by the Sub-committee according to the procedures specified in the Government of Samoa Tenders Board Guidelines.
After the administrative, technical, and financial evaluation of all qualified tenders, it was recommended by the Committee that the bid for the Procurement of Works for the Rehabilitation of Gyms 1, 2, and 3 of the Faleata Sports Complex be awarded to Schwartz Construction Ltd at a total bid price SAT$631,710.00 (US$242,568.34)inclusive of all applicable taxes.
The price is inclusive of the 10% discount offered conditional on the award of all three Lots.
Cabinet approved the recommendation and awarded the contract to Schwartz Construction Ltd. Renovation works are still ongoing and they are on time, on budget and on schedule.
SOURCE: SAMOA OBSERVER/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media