- Sports News : PNG Government pays K1m for athletes levy fees for Pacific Games [17/04/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : Hero of Nantes on hand to develop the next generation of Fiji stars [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Oceania Rugby U20s championship to be streamed live [17/04/2019 - Australia]
- News Feature : Young Fiji feminist election to CIVICUS board a huge achievement: FCOSS [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Thousands to benefit from stronger, Sustainable fisheries in Tonga under a US$10 million grant [17/04/2019 - Tonga]
- Business News : Eight percent threshold for Samoa National Provident Fund contributors’ annual dividend [17/04/2019 - Samoa]
- News : Mouth cancer epidemic hits US-affiliated islands [17/04/2019 - Marshall Islands]
- News : PNC party stable and intact, says PM O’Neill [17/04/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : CTI Seminar report out! Promoting humane laws and practices in the Pacific [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Documentary focuses on challenges of parenting in the smart age [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : May 3 Protest will go ahead says Fiji Trades Union Congress [17/04/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Tonga's Supreme Court rejects Tongasat appeal [17/04/2019 - Tonga]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
President of Nauru, and Pacific Islands Forum Chair,Baron Divavesi Waqa has expressed shock and sadness at the tragic events that occurred today in Christchurch, New Zealand.
“I convey to the victims, their families, the people and Government of New Zealand, the deepest condolences of the Pacific Islands Forum on behalf of all our members.
“We are a Forum family and what affects one, affects all. The people of New Zealand are in our thoughts and prayers,” said President Waqa.
Meanwhile, on behalf of the PIANGO family of NGOs and civil society across the Pacific, “we express our heartfelt grief and sorrow at the tragic killing of innocent lives in Aotearoa New Zealand.
As a Member of our Pacific community, we stand with you shoulder to shoulder, heart to heart in this difficult time coming to grips with what has happened,” it said in a statement
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media