- Sports News : New Tongan administrators apply for rugby league membership [03/07/2020 - Tonga]
- Sports News : England coach Eddie Jones plans stunning raid for 'next All Blacks sensation' Hoskins Sotutu [03/07/2020 - United Kingdom]
- Business News : Niue completes ratification of PACER Plus agreement [03/07/2020 - Niue]
- Business News : Travel Bubble trouble – the options for Palau [03/07/2020 - Palau]
- Business News : World Bank strengthens partnership with the Federated States of Micronesia [03/07/2020 - Micronesia, Federated States of]
- Business News : Niue national budget address will be announced on Wednesday 08 July [03/07/2020 - Niue]
- Business News : Vanuatu exports - COVID-19 and extreme weather worry experts [03/07/2020 - Vanuatu]
- Business News : COVID-19 creates tough times for Kiribati’s world class tuna industry [03/07/2020 - Kiribati]
- News : Tonga opens border starting next week to repatriate stranded nationals in Fiji [03/07/2020 - Tonga]
- News : Palau’s envoy, Ngedikes Olai Uludong elected VP of UNGA [03/07/2020 - United States]
- News : Pacific Humanitarian Pathway unlocking borders to save lives during COVID-19 [03/07/2020 - Fiji]
- News : An estimate of USD$22 million for Pacific Humanitarian Pathway-COVID-19 [03/07/2020 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Niueans are now being informed again with what is happening on the island and the upcoming general election as the Broadcasting Corporation of Niue (BCN) resumed its radio services today.
If all goes according to plan, General Manager Trevor Tiakia says they are aiming to broadcast a single television channel as early as Tuesday 26 May with the arrival of the required equipment on today’s flight.
BCN technicians worked throughout last week following the morning fire on Tuesday 19 May to get Radio Sunshine back on the air. The TV Niue operation room and TV studio were destroyed by the early morning fire while nearby rooms including the radio studio were affected by the thick smoke.
A temporary studio is currently being constructed at the foyer of the BCN building with the entrance to the burnt studios sealed off.
The estimated cost of damage to the building is 1 million NZ dollars.
BCN is resuming its on-air general election coverage from today with the allocation of 30 minutes of airtime for candidates on Radio Sunshine.
BCN’s online platform – TV Niue website, BCN Facebook page, and BCN Twitter page are also being utilised for the election news coverage.
SOURCE: TV NIUE/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media