- Sports News : Kaiviti Silktails prove too good for the Magpies [19/04/2021 - Australia]
- News : Protocol breach blamed for second COVID case: Fiji PM [19/04/2021 - Fiji]
- News : Schools in Fiji to be closed for three weeks from tomorrow [19/04/2021 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Fiji may be forced to base Super Rugby team in New Zealand [19/04/2021 - Fiji]
- Sports News : PNG Hunter defeat Sunshine Coast Falcons 32 - 12 for third consecutive win [19/04/2021 - Australia]
- News Feature : Australia’s evolving guarantee to the South Pacific [19/04/2021 - Australia]
- Business News : Trans-Tasman travel bubble: Australian and NZ PMs hail 'world-leading' deal [19/04/2021 - New Zealand]
- News : Towards a new post-Cotonou partnership [19/04/2021 - Belgium]
- News : COVID-19: Lockdown for Nadi and Lautoka effective immediately [18/04/2021 - Fiji]
- News : COVID-19: High-risk case detected on a member of Fiji security forces [18/04/2021 - Fiji]
- News : COVID-19 infections approaching highest rates ever, WHO warns [18/04/2021 - Switzerland]
- News : Marshalls monitors group given Johnson & Johnson vaccine [18/04/2021 - Marshall Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
More than 100 seasonal workers left Tonga on a chartered flight for Australia Thursday.
MEIDECC CEO Paula Ma’u said it is estimated that around 140 plus seasonal workers departed for Brisbane.
There were no incoming passengers.
Meanwhile, Tonga has since last year been sending seasonal workers to Australia, despite the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions and border closures.
SOURCE: TONGA WIRES/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media