- News Feature : UN chief urges unity in mobilising ‘every ounce of energy’ to defeat coronavirus pandemic [04/04/2020 - United States]
- Business News : ADB President, Fiji Attorney-General discuss support for COVID-19 response [04/04/2020 - Philippines]
- News : Fiji’s COVID19 confirmed cases reached double digit, with five new cases confirmed Saturday [04/04/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Pacific Islands Forum Foreign Ministers to consider regional response to COVID-19 pandemic [04/04/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Guam suffers fourth COVID-19 related death, Advisers warn death toll could top 700 or more [04/04/2020 - Guam]
- News : French Polynesian Covid-19 cases now at 39 [04/04/2020 - French Polynesia]
- News : Tonga lockdown extended to April 12, but ease some local travel and trade curbs [04/04/2020 - Tonga]
- News : New Caledonia president in self-isolation amid Covid-19 outbreak [04/04/2020 - New Caledonia]
- Sports News : Fiji FA losses $1.8m revenue [03/04/2020 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Covid-19: Averting economic disaster in the Pacific [03/04/2020 - Australia]
- Business News : Tourism- driven economies in the Pacific to fee brunt of COVID-19 pandemic- ADB [03/04/2020 - Philippines]
- Business News : Marshall Islands extends travel ban for another month [03/04/2020 - Marshall Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji’s COVID19 supplementary budget will be tabled to Parliament at 7.30pm tonight.
Economy Minister Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum had said the Supplementary budget was necessary to minimise the brunt of COVID-19 and its impact in Fiji.
“Last Thursday, Fiji saw our first case of the novel coronavirus.
“Today, one week later, we're introducing a #COVID19Budget Response to offer relief to Fijian families, bolster businesses, protect workers, and fund life-saving containment efforts.
We haven’t a moment to spare,” Sayed Khaiyum said on twitter.
The new budget will introduce fiscal policies which will help all cross-sections of Fiji to brace against COVID-19.
As the true scale of COVID-19’s effects on Fiji continues to unravel, Sayed-Khaiyum says years of economic prosperity have placed us on a strong foundation.
SOURCE: FBC NEWS/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media