- Sports News : Biggest Pacific Games team ever for Cook Islands [18/04/2019 - Cook Islands]
- News Feature : Follow the money: how foreign aid spending tells of Pacific priorities [18/04/2019 - Australia]
- Business News : Cook Islands Finance Minister rejects more cash for Agriculture [18/04/2019 - Cook Islands]
- News : Vanuatu Police chief sacked [18/04/2019 - Vanuatu]
- News : Nauru former president regrets signing offshore processing deal with Julia Gillard [18/04/2019 - Australia]
- News : Prince William to visit Christchurch terror attack survivors next week [18/04/2019 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : Captains set for HSBC Kitakyushu Sevens in Japan [18/04/2019 - Japan]
- Sports News : Draw for U-16 & U-19 Women's championships complete [18/04/2019 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : Stress, overtime, disease, contribute to 2.8 million workers’ deaths per year, reports UN labour agency [18/04/2019 - Switzerland]
- Business News : Fijian government commences national minimum wage and wages regulation review [18/04/2019 - Fiji]
- News : PNG PM O’Neill accepts resignation of Attorney General Davis Stevens [18/04/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Wale and Sogavare the two candidates confirmed for Solomon Islands prime ministerial election [18/04/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Former Fiji journalist named managing editor of Pacific Magazine
Ms Wragg was the magazine’s Cook Islands correspondent, and w ill continue to work from Rarotonga. Pacific Magazine is based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
She replaces Giff Johnson, who assumed the Pacific Magazine editorship on an interim basis earlier this year when the publication switched from being a print publication to an on-line magazine.Mr Johnson will resume his duties as Pacific Magazine’s contributing editor. He is based in Majuro, Marshall Islands.
Also as part of the editorial leadership changes, Publisher Floyd K. Takeuchi will now serve as Publisher-Editor of Pacific Magazine. He will play a significantly expanded role in developing the magazine’s editorial direction, in partnership with Ms Wragg.
“I’m extremely pleased that Ulamila Wragg is joining us as Managing Editor. I’ve known Ula for 14 years, when we worked together at The Daily Post in Suva, and she’s one of the finest journalists working in the region,” said Mr Takeuchi.
Ms Wragg is a Fiji citizen whose late mother was a Cook Islander. She is also Radio Australia’s correspondent in the Cook Islands, a position she will continue to hold in addition to her Managing Editor role at Pacific Magazine…….
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media