- News : Climate change is 'no laughing matter', Fiji's PM Frank Bainimarama tells Australia during Scott Morrison's Pacific trip [18/01/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Bainimarama commends Australian counterpart for historic visit [18/01/2019 - Fiji]
- News : Stage set for referendum on Bougainville's future [18/01/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News Feature : Why are we contemplating saddling the Pacific with more debt? [18/01/2019 - Fiji]
- News Feature : Morrison’s Vanuatu trip shows the government’s continued focus on militarising the Pacific [18/01/2019 - Vanuatu]
- Sports News : NRL teams to play trial matches in Pacific nations [18/01/2019 - Fiji]
- Business News : Affordable, Faster Connectivity for Tuvalu [18/01/2019 - Tuvalu]
- Business News : Samoa Airways signs new Boeing deal [16/01/2019 - Samoa]
- Business News : Dubai Chamber hosts Kiribati President in effort to boost bilateral ties [16/01/2019 - United Arab Emirates]
- Business News : More features on ANZ Pacific App announced [16/01/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Tere-Apisah eyes Fed Cup [16/01/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : Baber believes fans should think twice [16/01/2019 - Fiji]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Former Fiji journalist named managing editor of Pacific Magazine
Ms Wragg was the magazine’s Cook Islands correspondent, and w ill continue to work from Rarotonga. Pacific Magazine is based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
She replaces Giff Johnson, who assumed the Pacific Magazine editorship on an interim basis earlier this year when the publication switched from being a print publication to an on-line magazine.Mr Johnson will resume his duties as Pacific Magazine’s contributing editor. He is based in Majuro, Marshall Islands.
Also as part of the editorial leadership changes, Publisher Floyd K. Takeuchi will now serve as Publisher-Editor of Pacific Magazine. He will play a significantly expanded role in developing the magazine’s editorial direction, in partnership with Ms Wragg.
“I’m extremely pleased that Ulamila Wragg is joining us as Managing Editor. I’ve known Ula for 14 years, when we worked together at The Daily Post in Suva, and she’s one of the finest journalists working in the region,” said Mr Takeuchi.
Ms Wragg is a Fiji citizen whose late mother was a Cook Islander. She is also Radio Australia’s correspondent in the Cook Islands, a position she will continue to hold in addition to her Managing Editor role at Pacific Magazine…….
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media