- News Feature : "Women’s rights are non-negotiable in COVID-19 response programming" says the Pacific based Shifting the Power Coalition [03/08/2020 - Fiji]
- Business News : ADB sees pandemic slashing 2020 global remittances by over US$100 billion [03/08/2020 - Philippines]
- Business News : No tax on fringe benefitsin in Fiji [03/08/2020 - Fiji]
- News : Pacific should be on alert after PNG drug bust - analyst [03/08/2020 - New Zealand]
- News Feature : We can't allow Pacific leaders to use coronavirus as a cover for authoritarianism [03/08/2020 - Vanuatu]
- News Feature : New data on women’s experiences and men’s perpetration of violence inform approaches to prevent family violence in South Tarawa, Kiribati [03/08/2020 - Kiribati]
- Sports News : OFC announces funding increases [03/08/2020 - New Zealand]
- News : 70 Marshallese died from COVID-19 in U.S [03/08/2020 - Marshall Islands]
- News : 110 COVID-19 cases in PNG [02/08/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Three more individuals positive for Covid-19 in CNMI [02/08/2020 - Northern Mariana Islands]
- News : No end in sight to COVID crisis, and its impact will last for ‘decades to come’ [02/08/2020 - Switzerland]
- News : PNG’s biggest drug bust: the plane crash, the dead man and the half tonne of cocaine [02/08/2020 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Niue National Budget address will be announced next Wednesday, 08 July in the Fono Ekepule sitting.
Premier Dalton Tagelagi announced this in his first ever Press conference and has confirmed that it will be a deficit budget.
“ Definitely it will be a deficit as we have not been collecting revenue since the beginning of the year so of course going forward it will be a deficit and it also depends on how long this pandemic COVID – 19so at the moment that’s where we are at,” said Tagelagi
The State-Owned Enterprise budgets will now be included in the national budget.
Since 2011, the SOE budgets had not been submitted to the Fono Ekepule.
“ I am to say that just finished meeting with the board as I am the Chairperson and yes it will include it in the main budget next Wednesday so yes it will be tabled,” said Tagelagi
Opposition MP O’love Jacobsen has raised this as an issue since her return to Parliament in 2017.
SOURCE: TV NIUE/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media