- Sports News : Kaiviti Silktails prove too good for the Magpies [19/04/2021 - Australia]
- News : Protocol breach blamed for second COVID case: Fiji PM [19/04/2021 - Fiji]
- News : Schools in Fiji to be closed for three weeks from tomorrow [19/04/2021 - Fiji]
- Sports News : Fiji may be forced to base Super Rugby team in New Zealand [19/04/2021 - Fiji]
- Sports News : PNG Hunter defeat Sunshine Coast Falcons 32 - 12 for third consecutive win [19/04/2021 - Australia]
- News Feature : Australia’s evolving guarantee to the South Pacific [19/04/2021 - Australia]
- Business News : Trans-Tasman travel bubble: Australian and NZ PMs hail 'world-leading' deal [19/04/2021 - New Zealand]
- News : Towards a new post-Cotonou partnership [19/04/2021 - Belgium]
- News : COVID-19: Lockdown for Nadi and Lautoka effective immediately [18/04/2021 - Fiji]
- News : COVID-19: High-risk case detected on a member of Fiji security forces [18/04/2021 - Fiji]
- News : COVID-19 infections approaching highest rates ever, WHO warns [18/04/2021 - Switzerland]
- News : Marshalls monitors group given Johnson & Johnson vaccine [18/04/2021 - Marshall Islands]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
The Kiribati Government has reviewed the Banking Act in anticipation of establishing another bank besides ANZ bank.
President Taneti Maamau made the statement at the press conference last week.
The President said establishing a second bank in the country was one of Government’s election promise.
President Maamau said the new Banking Act will be tabled in the August Parliament meeting for debate.
SOURCEl RADIO KIRIBATI/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media