- News Feature : Marape’s dream [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : PNG Fisheries minister keen on generating revenue [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Review of existing trade deal necessary, says PNG foreign secretary Age [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Seasonal workers programme huge employment opportunity: Prof [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Solomon Islands MP Ete questions vision and identity of the nation [17/06/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Bougainville Referendum will be credible: Minister [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : Arms Amendment Bill for Pacific Games, Samoa Parliament assured [17/06/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Samoa Methodist Church hands over keys to Athletes Village [17/06/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Tonga trim squad to face Kiwis at Mt Smart Stadium, Michael Jennings out [17/06/2019 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : How Pacific nations are preparing players for State of Origin [17/06/2019 - Australia]
- Business News : Papua New Guinea vows to get rich in a decade [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Vanuatu Agriculture Ministry needs Vt40 million to eradicate Coconut Rhinoceros Beetle [17/06/2019 - Vanuatu]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
With many high profile government officials all over the world expected to participate in Palau’s hosting of Our Ocean Conference next year, Palau has requested the United States government to assist with the security arrangements for the event.
Justice Minister and Vice President Raynold Oilouch told Island Times in an interview that Palau alone will not be able to handle the security for the event, hence, prompting the country to ask for assistance from the US.
Oilouch said that the security for the Our Ocean Conference will be one of the main topics to be discussed in the Mid-Joint Committee Meeting (JCM) with the US officials scheduled early May.
“We are very much aware that many heads of governments will be coming to Palau and we want to make sure that the security is adequate and that everyone is safe while the conference is going on,” Oilouch said.
The Our Ocean Conference is an event that focuses on generating commitments in the protection and preservation of the oceans. It is participated by various stakeholders from across the globe.
SOURCE: ISLAND TIMES/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media