- News Feature : Marape’s dream [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : PNG Fisheries minister keen on generating revenue [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Review of existing trade deal necessary, says PNG foreign secretary Age [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Seasonal workers programme huge employment opportunity: Prof [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- News : Solomon Islands MP Ete questions vision and identity of the nation [17/06/2019 - Solomon Islands]
- News : Bougainville Referendum will be credible: Minister [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Sports News : Arms Amendment Bill for Pacific Games, Samoa Parliament assured [17/06/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Samoa Methodist Church hands over keys to Athletes Village [17/06/2019 - Samoa]
- Sports News : Tonga trim squad to face Kiwis at Mt Smart Stadium, Michael Jennings out [17/06/2019 - New Zealand]
- Sports News : How Pacific nations are preparing players for State of Origin [17/06/2019 - Australia]
- Business News : Papua New Guinea vows to get rich in a decade [17/06/2019 - Papua New Guinea]
- Business News : Vanuatu Agriculture Ministry needs Vt40 million to eradicate Coconut Rhinoceros Beetle [17/06/2019 - Vanuatu]
- Sponsored : Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC)
Fiji is set to co-host a high-level Roundtable Meeting of Pacific Islands Agriculture Ministers with the People’s Republic of China, to be held in Denarau, Nadi this week.
The Roundtable Meeting of China and Pacific Island States is an outcome of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Summit in Papua New Guinea last year and will enable the agreement reached by the President of the People’s Republic of China, Xi Jinping and leaders of Pacific Island States.
With the theme: ‘Seizing the opportunity of jointly contributing to the Belt and Road Initiative, advancing the practical agricultural cooperation between China and Pacific Island States’, the high-level roundtable meeting will foster and promote practical agricultural cooperation between China and Small Island Developing States through friendly cooperation.
Minister for Agriculture and Rural Affairs of the People’s Republic of China, Han Changfu and Fiji’s Minister for Agriculture, Rural and Maritime Development, Waterways and Environment Dr Mahendra Reddy will co-chair the meeting.
Agriculture Ministers and senior officials from the Governments of Western Samoa, Tonga, Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea, Federated States of Micronesia, Cook Islands, and Niue will also be in attendance.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Fijian Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs of China will be signed during the meet.
The Roundtable Meeting of China and Pacific Island Countries will complement and support South-South Cooperation and is being supported by the Food and Agricultural Organisation of the United Nations.
The meeting will be held on 29 March .
SOURCE: FIJI GOVT/PACNEWS
Pacific Islands News Association
Who & What is PINA?
International News Safety Institute (INSI)
Media Helping Media